A/C & Planning Consent

In the UK and have been asked to fit unit,asked the local council(anonymously) who say planning permission is required.
    Shop owner says go ahead and fit I'll deal with it later retro style.
    Corner shop just off main town shopping street so unit is on side street 5K unit would be 3 metres from ground level.
    Not happy about doing it, commercial properties only overlook but it is a nice area without any other units up so considering pulling the plug as I don't want to be on the end of any legal stuff.
    Anyone had this type of situation in the UK.

Re: A/C & Planning Consent

As you have already enquired about planning permission and now have the relevant knowledge, you cannot ignore that knowledge. Make sure that you have advised your potential client of this requirement.
    I would suggest that you only proceed with this project if you have communicated the planning requirements in writing to the client and he has issued a written acceptance of your quote and its associated conditions. Normally it is the responsibility of the landowner/shop owner or his agent to obtain the planning permission. Beware that you are not presumed to have obtained this permission on his behalf.

Its fairly standard i understand to have written into the works contract that all planning and permission matters are the responcibillity of the customer.

It's resolved now thanks,bit longer pipe run but we can get to a courtyard which the customer didn't previously mention.