Carters are doing what?

As the title says what exactly are Carters doing in the Yorkshire area.

Re: Carters are doing what?

You should know if you are being tupid' ?

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Why not ask them?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Have you found anything out yet?

they got all of scotland

if you get tuped across to carters for ,how long must your contract of employment stay the same before they are allowed to alter it.

Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    if you get tuped across to carters for ,how long must your contract of employment stay the same before they are allowed to alter it.

6 month i think cud b wrong tho !!!

12 weeks max, but some things can be changed immediately.

Make sure YOU get a copy of the T & C's that are being sent to Carters or any new employer BEFORE they are sent, to check what's correct or not.

have heard about carters terms for all staff new and old(except management of course) it sounds like a kick in the bollocks for their engineering staff .Hope they vote with their feet, without the engineers ,what are they then?

what sort of stuff have you heard ?

working sat for single time but getting a week day off,only getting 4 bank hols,single timetravel 5 am to 9 pm, single time worked 7am to 7pm ,2% deduction from wages,for not completing ipaqs within 1 hr of job completion a further 2% for not completing shop admin properley, 2% for not wearing ppe and there is another one but I cant remember that one . if your mobile bill is over£35 you get the remainig deducted from wages. there was a few more ,but in all honesty I had lost any interst by then.
    Have had some info on the tupe and would advise anyone affected to get proffessional advise .what i was told by them was very vague and shady and many times they contradicted what was said earlier

working sat for single time but getting a week day off,only getting 4 bank hols,single timetravel 5 am to 9 pm, single time worked 7am to 7pm ,2% deduction from wages,for not completing ipaqs within 1 hr of job completion a further 2% for not completing shop admin properley, 2% for not wearing ppe and there is another one but I cant remember that one . if your mobile bill is over£35 you get the remainig deducted from wages. there was a few more ,but in all honesty I had lost any interst by then.
    Have had some info on the tupe and would advise anyone affected to get proffessional advise .what i was told by them was very vague and shady and many times they contradicted what was said earlier
    what a sh*t company to work for

forgot to add you willhave to travel 15 min morning &15 min at night in your own time,but the office does not open until 8.30 so you may not work 40 hrs a week

would urge anyone getting tuped to get proffessional advice and dont be bullied or harrassed into signing another contract until you find out if what you are being told is the truth

2% for being on the sick but nobody seems to know how many days.
    The guys who are getting tuped are refusing to sign them. let them sack 20 engineers and see where that leaves co-op/tesco.

at the meeting we were told that you would be given a contract if you did not sign it and then turned up for work it is taken that you have agreed to the terms and conditions..HMMM WHAT TO DO???

Carters are doing what? seemingly ****in themselfs as to where they are going to find labour, looks like they are looking to agencies already, i can see the whole thing going titts up before its even begun, and tesco will only have themselfs to blame!!

petericeman Guest

Right guys,i know these jokers & apparantly one of the directors has been heard to say that he thinks the engineers get paid too much, completely oblivious to the fact that the engineers are the reason that they have a business!!!
    The reason for the disastrous new contract is due to them putting a ridiculously low price in for the coop contract (in fact its only the wage bill but no proper costing for parts/gas/relamping etc etc & in effect they've bought the work so ive been informed)so in order for them to make any profit & keep their mercedes & bmw,s they are trying to financially rape the engineers to claw back as much as possible!I would say that perhaps all the KB lads + the Carters lads + any new guys tuped over need to converse about the situation quite quilckly,after all,they hold all the cards!!!

they picked a really bad time to try and make such massive changes they will loose the engineers,people will take a more 9 to 5 attitude, and how will they recruit new staff,I am told they dont have the staff tyo service these contracts at this moment in time and with less than a week to go

at the meeting we were told that you would be given a contract if you did not sign it and then turned up for work it is taken that you have agreed to the terms and conditions..HMMM WHAT TO DO???
    DON'T SIGN A NEW CONTRACT.

When TUPE is involved your existing terms / contract continue, including length of mealbreak any any private use of vehicles.

The new employer will have to give you notice of any major changes and negotiate any changes.

We ain't signing anything yet. We haven't been given anything. The new starters are being given the T&C's. If the tupe staff don't eventually sign then they've got standby staff which the agencies are recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by panda fridge View Post
    If the tupe staff don't eventually sign then they've got standby staff which the agencies are recruiting.
    Then they will be paying double, it's not that easy to get rid of people.

We ain't signing anything yet. We haven't been given anything. The new starters are being given the T&C's. If the tupe staff don't eventually sign then they've got standby staff which the agencies are recruiting.

how many proper fridge guys do you know that are with agencies?

how many have full apprenticeships????

You absolutely sure your not that "Buddy Boy" Knobhead that works for Space.....?

Quote Originally Posted by julius Geezer View Post
    You absolutely sure your not that "Buddy Boy" Knobhead that works for Space.....?
    Sorry ...Meant that to the fool that is Petepriceasexual.....or whatever his/her name is......1 post...lol...quality

The shadow Guest

The two day shifts during the week (when you are not on standby) are mon to fri 7.00 to 15.30(7+1/2hrs 1hr for lunch) and 13.30 to 22.00(same hours as above),all paid single time and equates to 38 hours per week,the other is tue to fri 7.00 to 15.30 and 13.30 to 22.00,sat shifts are 07.00 to 1530 and 10.00 to 18.30(all single time),also first 1/2 hour travel before and after shifts are unpaid,standby shifts are mon to fri 22.00 to 7.00 and sat to mon morning 18.00 to 7.00(mon),100 quid standby allowance and your 38 hours,so if you take away your 1hour break away from mon to friday,this equals 8 hours so you will make f*uck all over time during the week as the morning shift starts at 7 am,boy my arse is sore this week,some engineers by my calculations will drop between 7 to 10 grand

The shadow Guest

Forgot to say this is the k.b terms

Quote Originally Posted by petericeman View Post
    Right guys,i know these jokers & apparantly one of the directors has been heard to say that he thinks the engineers get paid too much, completely oblivious to the fact that the engineers are the reason that they have a business!!!
    The reason for the disastrous new contract is due to them putting a ridiculously low price in for the coop contract (in fact its only the wage bill but no proper costing for parts/gas/relamping etc etc & in effect they've bought the work so ive been informed)so in order for them to make any profit & keep their mercedes & bmw,s they are trying to financially rape the engineers to claw back as much as possible!I would say that perhaps all the KB lads + the Carters lads + any new guys tuped over need to converse about the situation quite quilckly,after all,they hold all the cards!!!
    Bop......Bop.....Bop.....Of course it is....How's the Compliance/Link out Department of hell going,.....?

if you are finished for not signing then your other option is to look at unfair dismissal . at a tribunal what they look at is ,is it fair and justifiable,they dont argue points of law. if loads of people lodge a case,,and it costs nothing to do then there is nothing lost but a lot to gain . it makes me wonder what sort of people will they get from agencies for these T&C's and do you know of that many engineers looking for work.the companies i know of struggle to get engineers good or bad
    Last edited by smoggy; 28-03-2010 at 10:09 AM.

What meetings have been held I was told I was getting tuped last week and since then heard sweet F*** ALL!!!!

petericeman Guest

Bop......Bop.....Bop.....Of course it is....How's the Compliance/Link out Department of hell going,.....?
    whats the"bop..bop..bop" supposed to mean & even the rest of the statement for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What meetings have been held I was told I was getting tuped last week and since then heard sweet F*** ALL!!!!
    kb will contact you this week and offer you a position on thier t@c you dont have to take these t@c , you can also say to i presume WR that you dont want to go, and i think they will have to give you 30 days consultation period, alternativly you could do what i would do and phone someone like capital cooling or city and start with them and get as far away from the rat race as possible, because i would certainly not want to go to kb on thier t@c infact i would not want to go there period!!

hoow does that work then.if everyone walks out say,presumabley the standby staff are currentley working and would need to work notice..or are they that keen they have packed in current jobs and are just sat waiting for the call

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    you can also say to I presume WR that you don't want to go, and I think they will have to give you 30 days consultation period,
    You don't have that choice if the majority of your work for the last year has been on the contract that is moving.
    W.R can choose to keep you if they have work, but you can't insist they keep you otherwise.

KB have to take you and are responsible for any redundancy payments if they don't need everyone.

that rings a bell!!!!

petericeman Guest

aahh sarcasm, the wit of the intellectual or the intellectually challenged! ok tweezer knob ,we know that the "contracts" inception began with carters "securing" the 70 odd tesco sights prior to their tendering for the coop contracts but now because they dont have enough guys to service the 500 odd coops + the 70 odd tescos + the esso service stations they are up the preverbial creek without a paddle & since i know a bit about the situation for reasons i wont disclose i would appreciate comments that were intelligent,useful or even funny! Yours are none of the above!

Sounds like they wont last five minutes. Once the fines from tesco rack up it will be down hill from there. Give it six month, the contracts will be up again when they go bust!

Quote Originally Posted by petericeman View Post
    aahh sarcasm, the wit of the intellectual or the intellectually challenged! ok tweezer knob ,we know that the "contracts" inception began with carters "securing" the 70 odd tesco sights prior to their tendering for the coop contracts but now because they dont have enough guys to service the 500 odd coops + the 70 odd tescos + the esso service stations they are up the preverbial creek without a paddle & since i know a bit about the situation for reasons i wont disclose i would appreciate comments that were intelligent,useful or even funny! Yours are none of the above!
    So.............lets re-cap , You have some inside information (Which you can't disclose)
    Yet , you have no concept of grammar , prose or pronunciation...!
    Hope your work experience went well and good luck with your SATS....!

If you work for carters now they can change your t&c . if you do not sign them but turn up for work then they take that as you hav agreed to them . you hav to put it in writing if you dont agree with them . if you get tuped your old t&c will last 12 weeks max .

So.............lets re-cap , You have some inside information (Which you can't disclose)
    Yet , you have no concept of grammar , prose or pronunciation...!
    Hope your work experience went well and good luck with your SATS....!
    ooo GIRLS is it to be handbags at dawn

http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file20761.pdf

here s a good link for tupe regs 2009

good link thx

The whole industry is turning to Sh1t. WHILST BOSSES PANDER TO END USERS WE HAVE NO CHANCE.

So the depression hasn't hit you guys? I'm honestly surprised, having heard different from mates over there. Surely the companies are trying to take advantage of the depression. Figuring that this is the one time when even good fridgies may have difficulty getting work elsewhere (at least jobs you'd be willing to go to)?