whitestmexican Guest

smoke and mirrors

hey mates,

I just signed up and it looks like this site will be a great source of information for me. This is the first post that I've read and already i have read many questions i've been having about the "smoke and mirrors" that surrounds the industry. Fair enough though, its a potentially expensive mistake if its played with under the wrong hands. You can't be parts fitter in this industry. Theres to much "cause and effect" diagnosing involved. Thats why I love it! keeps me sweating from my brain..

I've only worked in transport refrigeration for four years with a small company based in New Zealand diagnosing, repairing, installing, commissioning truck and trailer, as well as heavy equipment/coach air conditioning and automotive air con. I wasn't a qualified technician when started, I was an auto electrician with "can do" additude. My boss was very knowledgeable guy and really understood every aspect of the trade. So the learning was intense! You never stop learning, thats a fact! In order to do this job properly you have to be all of the latter: diesel mechanic, electronics engineer, refrigeration engineer, welder/plumber, and 20/20 to find that bloody leak!!! haha

In New Zealand they're is no licensing for refrigerant handling. (Maybe they think its to small a country to care) I've been given the opportunity to work in australia with thermo king in Melbourne. My question is does anybody know of a good university or trade school in melbourne that offers an informative course to get my refrigerant handling license?

I look fwd to hearing your responses and information trading. cheers - david

Re: smoke and mirrors

Hi, whitestmexican

welcome to RE forums ... enjoy

I believe someone will come with some good advice to you, good luck.

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.