arvinr Guest

Need help on inverter air con

Hi everyone, I need some clarification on the Inverter air con. I'm from Malaysia and the power frequency we use is 220 - 240 V / 50 hz. The air con sold here are using 50 hz.

In the event I need the air con to work on 230 - 240V / 60Hz, will the inverter unit able to auto change the frequency.

This air con will be fitted in a container where it moves through different countries with different frequency. Your kind assistance are much appreciated.

Re: Need help on inverter air con

You will probably find that the change in frequency to 60hz will cause some problems. The inverter built into the air conditioning unit is specifically for providing a controlled/variable voltage and frequency to the compresor and/or fan motor. This relies on he mains supply being a constant frequency. Varying the voltage from 220 to 240volts should be less of a problem. You may have to have some sort of auto frequency inverter that maintains the 50hz. This device could be fairly expensive. I am sure that someone else could eb able to provide further details of the best way to go. It is probably going to be cheaper to install a generator for use in countries with 60hz.