Bottle fridges, can you reccomend one with good parts support?

Weve got a bar that wants to change out there bottle fridges.

Weve had massive problems in the past getting parts for the exsisting fridges, so this time we want to find some units where the parts as easy to get, EG either a great parts service or they distribute through a national wholesaler.

Also after a deacent unit...

What you guys reccomend?

Thanks,

Re: Bottle fridges, can you reccomend one with good parts support?

You can't go wrong with an osborne, will last for years and years, even with a blocked condenser. Parts are readily available and pretty cheap. Downside is that they are twice the price of the imported stuff.

Andy

Try Gamko there fantastic for parts but there coolers a slightly more expensive.

Hi Greg

We offer a range of back bar bottle coolers and provide full parts back up for them.

Info on the coolers can be found on our site (google shop.capitalcooling since I have less than 15 posts I cant do a direct link!) or give our sales guys a call on 01506 859000.

Alternatively if you would like to speak to a member of our parts team in advance to ask any questions send me over a private message with your telephone number and I will get them to give you a call.

Thanks

Fraser

hi all i bought 1 from the above it lasted 3 months then capilary, choked, had to replace that, lastsed another 2 weeks before the cheap chinees condenser fan motor seized, then they wanted £80 for a new motor! but when searched found them in rs components for £16. all in all not a good experience with them, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    hi all i bought 1 from the above it lasted 3 months then capilary, choked, had to replace that, lastsed another 2 weeks before the cheap chinees condenser fan motor seized, then they wanted £80 for a new motor! but when searched found them in rs components for £16. all in all not a good experience with them, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!!
    Iv basically just emailed the guy saying the exactly same as what u have said soo am soo glad you backed me up

Last edited by craigpcg; 10-03-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craigpcg View Post
    Iv basically just emailed the guy saying the exactly same as what u have said soo am soo glad you backed me up

hi mate i only mentioned the half of it, i didn't mention the attitude and aggression i was meet with,i wont rush back there in a hurry!!

Yeah a can agree with you there. they seem to be in a world of there own thinking there imports are the dogs dangles.

You get what u pay for

go for a osbourne or a gamko treat em right keep them clean they will last.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post

Hi There

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with Capital Cooling and we would like to sort that out.

To the best of our knowledge we would never leave a customer unhappy with products that they have purchased from us. We are unaware of the problems that you have had with our products and service department, and without knowing about them we can not sort them out.

Please either email me fraser.scotcher@capitalcooling.com or send me a private message on here with the details of the cabinet, the problems and when it happened so I can chase it up and get to the bottom of the situation.

If you do this and we can see that there has been a failure on our part to keep you happy then I will have no problem in supplying you with a replacement unit FOC.

We are proud of the quality of our products and also the levels of service which we give to our customers and we do not want to see anyone left with a bad impression of Capital Cooling.

Hi Craig

Although it was before my time at Capital Cooling I am aware that you used to work for the company and also that the products you are commenting on were not available when you did work for us. Also, to the best of my knowledge, you have never purchased any of these new cabinets from us.

However, if I have got this wrong and you have purcased some and had issues with them, the same offer is in place as to the previous poster, get in touch with me, let me know what you bought and when plus the problems and we will do our best to sort them out and make you happy.

As I said in my previous post, we want to do our best to keep all our customers happy with both our products and our service.

Thanks

Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by capcooling View Post
    Hi Craig

Although it was before my time at Capital Cooling I am aware that you used to work for the company and also that the products you are commenting on were not available when you did work for us. Also, to the best of my knowledge, you have never purchased any of these new cabinets from us.

I have tried to purchase some of the better cabinets capital do but as i am who i am they tend not to sell to me.which i cant think why

However, if I have got this wrong and you have purcased some and had issues with them, the same offer is in place as to the previous poster, get in touch with me, let me know what you bought and when plus the problems and we will do our best to sort them out and make you happy.

As I said in my previous post, we want to do our best to keep all our customers happy with both our products and our service.

Thanks

Fraser

Fair play too you fraser, for the reply most people including myself would have just left it at that but its nice to put your point across.

I agree with the possiablity of some of the products you produced when they first rolled off the line were at worst not the greatist. as i worked on alot of them. I have how ever worked on alot of the new stuff that are just out of warranty cabinets and coolers and it doesnt look like any of it is any better.

Alot of it is just re branded cheaper cabinets with your name on (which i know alot of people do). I have tried to purchase some of the better cabinets capital do but as i am who i am they tend not to sell to me.which i cant think why

there are some good things about the cabinets that i do see that are very good ie making life a tad easier for the regular service engineer.

I am sure you have heard about me but that is just business nothing else. Some on the small fish need a chance too

I do however admire alot that cc do.

Good luck

Craig
    Last edited by craigpcg; 11-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Fair play too you fraser, for the reply most people including myself would have just left it at that but its nice to put your point across.

I agree with the possiablity of some of the products you produced when they first rolled off the line were at worst not the greatist. as i worked on alot of them. I have how ever worked on alot of the new stuff that are just out of warranty cabinets and coolers and it doesnt look like any of it is any better.

Alot of it is just re branded cheaper cabinets with your name on (which i know alot of people do). I have tried to purchase some of the better cabinets capital do but as i am who i am they tend not to sell to me.which i cant think why

there are some good things about the cabinets that i do see that are very good ie making life a tad easier for the regular service engineer.

I am sure you have heard about me but that is just business nothing else. Some on the small fish need a chance too

I do however admire alot that cc do.

Good luck

Craig

Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply and I take your points on board.

Just referring back to the original posters question, the back bar coolers I suggested have only been in stock for 3 or 4 so they will not have had any out of warranty work done on them and we have had very few, if any problems with any we have sold so far. A lot of work has gone into our new range of products and we are very happy with what has been achieved.

What I will say is that if you ever work on any CC cabinets that the customer is having problems with or if you buy any from us and have problems yourself let me know directly and I will make sure it is sorted out for you. Just don't be too technical, I am in Marketing and just getting my head around the workings of refrigeration!

From your experience at CC I am sure you are well aware that Alister does not settle for clients being unhappy with the company and will do anything it takes to sort it out.

Again, thanks for replying and all the best!

Fraser

Thanks for all the replies guys!

In then end the most important detail about the fridge was that it was silver!! LOL - Why did i bother trying to look for a good fridge!?

Anyhow, looks like there going to take a deal from the brewery where by they buy a fridge full of beer for X and when they have sold the beer supposedly the mark up covers the cost of the fridge?

- so looks like ill have plenty on work trying to look after what ever cheep crap the brewery supply!

Fraser - i did call you guys and TBH it was a bit of a poor show. When i asked about the price i was told "oh we only have one copy of the new prices and im not sure whos got it?"

Then when i finally got the details of what i wanted and asked for the details to be emaild over i just got sent a link to your website?!

Sometimes the brewery supply Elstar with free stock, i find them cheap and nasty but not as bad as husky lol, i also had my share of problems with the infrico Z2 bottle coolers, recently i have been selling the coolers supplied by interlevin and so far so good.

HI Fraser

like craig says fair play to you for defending your products, but in answer to the qustion posted the bottle coolers supplied buy cc although look the part and are prob good value, they arent a patch on the likes of gamko and osbourne.

Ive got a twin door arborne currently sitting in my living room i fixed and used for over the xmas period cost me £120 for a compressor and runs sweet as a nut its a good few years old as well but need to order another 9 cases of beer for it as its empty again
    Last edited by Colin G; 12-03-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Its a husky thats being replaced. not because the fridge is crap but the customer support is bloody dreadful!

Ive been waiting for over 6 months for a replacement door. Thats just the start of it, complete bloody wase of space they have for a spares team!

what about caravell? whats the general consensus on them for beer fridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Clk320_Greg View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys!

In then end the most important detail about the fridge was that it was silver!! LOL - Why did i bother trying to look for a good fridge!?

Anyhow, looks like there going to take a deal from the brewery where by they buy a fridge full of beer for X and when they have sold the beer supposedly the mark up covers the cost of the fridge?

- so looks like ill have plenty on work trying to look after what ever cheep crap the brewery supply!

Fraser - i did call you guys and TBH it was a bit of a poor show. When i asked about the price i was told "oh we only have one copy of the new prices and im not sure whos got it?"

Then when i finally got the details of what i wanted and asked for the details to be emaild over i just got sent a link to your website?!
    Hi Greg

In the defence of the sales team, new prices have just came into force last week however there is no excuse for just sending over a link to the website.

Thanks for bringing this up and I shall speak to the sales team.

Thanks

Fraser

you need to have word with manufacturing and quality control too.

HAHAHA!!!!

Everyone seems to be getting invloved

Good Good

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiojohn1@bt View Post
    you need to have word with manufacturing and quality control too.

Hi John

As I said to the other guys, drop me a PM if you have had problems with our products so I can discuss them with you.

Thanks

Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Colin G View Post
    what about caravell? whats the general consensus on them for beer fridges?
    The old units were not so good, but the newer ones seem to be OK, and last better than a lot of them out there