registration as a refrigeration engineer in spain

i am going to live in spain this year i am after some information on who i register with in spain as a refrigeration engineer (ie uk acrib)
    i have just passed my city and guilds 2079 previously had 2078
    obviously in the uk you have to register your busines with refcom to purchase refrigerant.
    can anyone help me with these questions
    who do i register with in spain?
    what is required to register will my city and guild 2079 be sufficient obviously i am city and guilds qualified as a refrigeration engineer anyway with 15 years experience?
    do you have to register with a organisation such as refcom to purchase refrigerant from suppliers?

thanks mark

gus-lopez Guest

Re: registration as a refrigeration engineer in spain

Hi, I moved over her 8 years ago, I no longer work for a living but have installed A/C for myself , friends etc; plus vehicles. I can by any gas without need of any registration, althogh I can't speak for other areas.
    I enquired about docs. necessary from the institute of ref. before I came over & they gave me details for the Spanish institute , whom I contacted but never heard anything back.

hi mark, as gus lopez sayes there is no problems working or being registered I can only see a problem buying the gas I beleave you have to be gegistered to do that , but its handed down , father to son so its difficult to get in I have lived in mallorca for 5 years, not working < retiered < cannot find ofn supplyers but they dont use it anyway. all the best ,

gus-lopez Guest

To obtain oxy, acetylene,C-15 etc; all I had to do was register with a supplier, Praxair , in my case although, air products & Linde are also available. For any ***** gas I just go in any ref. produt supplier & buy it over the counter. I also know of 2 'ferreterias' ( hardware shops ) that supply all types of gas, just a deposit on the cyl.

Quote Originally Posted by gus-lopez View Post
    Hi, I moved over her 8 years ago, I no longer work for a living but have installed A/C for myself , friends etc; plus vehicles. I can by any gas without need of any registration, althogh I can't speak for other areas.
    I enquired about docs. necessary from the institute of ref. before I came over & they gave me details for the Spanish institute , whom I contacted but never heard anything back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgy View Post
    hi mark, as gus lopez sayes there is no problems working or being registered I can only see a problem buying the gas I beleave you have to be gegistered to do that , but its handed down , father to son so its difficult to get in I have lived in mallorca for 5 years, not working < retiered < cannot find ofn supplyers but they dont use it anyway. all the best ,
    Quote Originally Posted by gus-lopez View Post
    To obtain oxy, acetylene,C-15 etc; all I had to do was register with a supplier, Praxair , in my case although, air products & Linde are also available. For any ***** gas I just go in any ref. produt supplier & buy it over the counter. I also know of 2 'ferreterias' ( hardware shops ) that supply all types of gas, just a deposit on the cyl.
    Nice, what a freedom in Europe .... no,no.. I'm not complain about ...

just to point out how difficult is to keep refrigerants under control .... here in Europe ...

then what to say about practical legislature around the world ....

Best regards, Josip

It's impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious...

Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people when they are in large groups.

Please, don't teach me how to be stupid....
    No job is as important as to jeopardize the safety of you or those that you work with.

You might need to learn Spanish as well.

My son looked at moving to Spain last year, intending to work as a Gas Engineer (he has full domestic & commercial qualifications).
    It all looked feasible until he found out the Spanish now require you to take a written exam before you get a permit to work. That written exam is in Spanish, with no interpreters allowed.

thanks very much for the posts i am trying to gain as much information as possible before i get there.
    i remember reading an email about an organisation called stek they are just like the organisation refcom in the uk and the arc in australia.
    they seem to have very little control in the refrigeration industry in spain well thats the picture i am building in this article i seen stek which is in holland it actually states about the poor control in certain countries in europe spain being one of them the relevant organisations are looking at getting more control in europe within the industry in the near future.
    Last edited by frosty74; 20-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.

as gus lopez mentioned he contacted the relevant spanish institute can anyone give me there contact details thanks in advance everyone i appreciate your time in posting