soccer_pro101 Guest

Looking for Info

Hey, before I start I want to apologize if this post is completely ignorant and is completely ridiculous.

I have been thinking about what would be involved in setting up a backyard ice rink. However I live on the west coast and would be lucky to have a week of weather cold enough to sustain one. Buying certified equipment for a 3 month rink just does not seem like a very good use of money.

The concept sounds reasonably simple, running pipes under the surface and using some sort of pump to run coolant through the pipes. So here in lies the questions; is it completely absurd to even think about doing a system like this from scratch with no refrigeration experience. Do I need a concrete slab to run such a system or can I just put the piping on top of a poly liner inside some lumber formwork. What kind of pump, motor do you need and how much piping, coolant is required to set-up and maintain such a system.

Again if this just sounds absurd I apologize and hope you can just laugh at me. Any input is appreciated.

Re: Looking for Info

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_pro101 View Post
    Hey, before I start I want to apologize if this post is completely ignorant and is completely ridiculous.

I have been thinking about what would be involved in setting up a backyard ice rink. However I live on the west coast and would be lucky to have a week of weather cold enough to sustain one. Buying certified equipment for a 3 month rink just does not seem like a very good use of money.

The concept sounds reasonably simple, running pipes under the surface and using some sort of pump to run coolant through the pipes. So here in lies the questions; is it completely absurd to even think about doing a system like this from scratch with no refrigeration experience. Do I need a concrete slab to run such a system or can I just put the piping on top of a poly liner inside some lumber formwork. What kind of pump, motor do you need and how much piping, coolant is required to set-up and maintain such a system.

Again if this just sounds absurd I apologize and hope you can just laugh at me. Any input is appreciated.

You must be Kidding eh
    Last edited by Brian_UK; 05-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

you have more chance of winning the lottery, save your money and buy so roller skates mate, nice thought tho, i once contemplated making my dog jump the river on a skate board but i was 7, how old are you

$100,000.00 should cover most of everything. When do you want to start. Running costs will be high as well.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer_pro101 View Post

THE HOLIDAY ON ICE OPTION {Easy for u}

Holiday on Ice can produce a show for almost any venue, although the ice floor requires a space of at least 18,60 by 20 metres. Under certain circumstances, it may be possible to perform at open-air events. Because of production and rehearsal costs, a minimum of a three-week run is required. The ice floor equipment is transported in three 20-foot containers, while the show itself can occupy as many as 15 containers, depending on the scale of the special production. The number of skaters, shows per day, acts and the length of the show are tailored to each project and budget.

Both show and venue can be tailored to the event. Product placement, branding, catering, speeches, the presentation of awards and even an after-show party can be arranged.

How HOI works

First step is to gain a full understanding of the project. In order to prepare a proposal, we need to know the period, number of weeks and number of shows, as well as the location, seating capacity and technical specifications of the venue. While Holiday on Ice provides the show itself, our partners are responsible for rider costs and arranging a suitable venue, along with a complete staff ranging from ushers and ticketing agents, to security staff and stagehands. Production support is also required for the get-in and get-out of the show.

In addition to the production details, Holiday on Ice needs to know the target audience, ticketing price and promotional campaign. Based on this information, a proposal is then presented together with the concept of the show. This can be tailored to the needs and scale of the event. The proposal also provides a complete breakdown of what is to be provided by each party. For further information, please fill in the contact form.

http://www.holidayonice.biz/business...nrequired.html