Dear Colleagues;
I am not much experienced in refrigeration, so my following question may seem little naive.

I know that the pressure difference between an evaporator and a condenser is maintained by the compressors volumetric compression rate and the size of the TEV orifice (at least thats what I think so far). So, for a given compressor and TEV, theorically we have a fixed evap. pressure, am I right? (considering that everything else is kept constant)

Question is that, is there a way to adjust evap. pressure (and therefore its temperature) so that we could adjust the temparature of the cooled medium? For example, I like to obtain cooled water at a precisely defined temperature. And this temperature may be any thing between 5 to 20C. Cooling load and condenser temperature are assumed to be constant .

I know that water temperature can be adjusted by on-off control of the compressor, but I think that this may not be a precise way of temperature control.

I like to thank all of the suggestions or comments ahead of time. Looking forward hearing from you.