Thread: Pay

Pay

Curious, What's the pay for a seasoned market tech in different parts of the world. I know this is a subjective question. Here in California at a non union company expect 36 to 44 an hour. At a union company it would be scale depending on the union. Some will negotiate,some wont. And is it taboo to talk about pay to other techs? Also pay here varies quite a bit depending on what state you live in.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Re: Pay

hi joe
    in the uk, depending on experience, anything from £11 to £17 an hour. and yes its taboo if not stupid to talk about different engineers pay in the same company. all that does is create resentment and the attitude of "get him to do it he's paid more than me".
    i don't think there is any union involvement in the uk any more. we didn't have a fridgies union, so we used to tag on to pipefitters and mechanical engineers organisations.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1983 View Post
    hi joe
    in the uk, depending on experience, anything from £11 to £17 an hour. and yes its taboo if not stupid to talk about different engineers pay in the same company. all that does is create resentment and the attitude of "get him to do it he's paid more than me".
    i don't think there is any union involvement in the uk any more. we didn't have a fridgies union, so we used to tag on to pipefitters and mechanical engineers organisations.
    That is low pay.
    But it is net pay [I hope]
    Being self employed, I charge much more but then, have to pay all the expenses from van to accounts.
    You should look at the power of your currency at your specific location rather then hard cash.
    How many hours of work per a pint of beer or a loaf of bread or a litre of diesel?
    And there is inflation and % of taxes.

I don't think it can be compared between countries.

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    That is low pay.
    Being self employed, I charge much more but then, have to pay all the expenses from van to accounts.
    You should look at the power of your currency at your specific location rather then hard cash.
    How many hours of work per a pint of beer or a loaf of bread or a litre of diesel?

it`s about 64-99 isreali

Quote Originally Posted by chemi-cool View Post
    That is low pay.

That will be gross PH not net

The big mac index

http://wallstreetpit.com/13445-the-b...ll-undervalued

Hi Joe Magee.
    Generally the system dictates what you earn if a general worker. Income versus expenses, positive difference not a lot.
    Unless of course you are connected to the banking system, where you are paid squillions.
    The system dictates what you earn, it cannot have you making too much money, that would screw everything up. the difference is if you don't pay the system, then you start making money. But try hiding it, basically a big tin under your bed, and pay cash for everything and be paid cash in hand for work. As soon as you go near a bank you are screwed and accountable for income.
    not magoo,
    Last edited by Magoo; 01-03-2010 at 02:03 AM.