dunc Guest

Samsung RL33 not staying cold

Samsung RL33 frost free fridge freezer, 4years old. The freezer reaches temperature and then does not kick in again unless the machine is turned off and on. This happened after moving house.

I would be happy to employ a local engineer but the £100 call out fee charged by the Samsung endorsed company is not economical.

I have been told that Samsungs can only be fixed by specialsts due to restrictions on tech info and parts supply. Is this true? Or is there a way I can save another repairable appliance from landfill???

Re: Samsung RL33 not staying cold

Common fault is a defrost heater fault,will run when switched on but when defrost is due shuts off becuse of fault.
    Have a look on http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/module...ame=whitegoods
    to find a competent engineer near you.
    Samsung aren't too helpful towards independants but some of the guys on that site are samsung agents anyway.+

dunc Guest

many thanks,

very local engineer sourced, awaiting his reponse.

A friend suggested I put it on a timer to turn on and off twice a day, £5 DIY repair?

OK idea for emegency for a few days,done it myself for customers to avoid food loss,you would eventually get the evaporator blocked with ice as there would be no defrost working and the freezer temp would rise.