wdietz Guest

Question Does anyone make a stock 18kW NH3 absorption unit

I'm looking for 5 tons for residential AC. Is there a system out there that is like a big propane powered absorption refrigerator (Servel, Electrolux) They seem to max out at about 0.5 kw (1800 btu/hr fuel used-assuming COP of 1). I had a servel as a kid and it ran with no issues for 30 years. I can't afford to buy 36 of them to hook together. I'm hoping that I can find a no noise, no trouble chiller, that just keeps on running like that old frige. I need to know heat fluid requirements to see if I can get a solar thermal array to be the heat source. There have been several threads about solar AC but none have produced anything but opinions. If no one makes such a unit, I'm surely not going to try.

Re: Does anyone make a stock 18kW NH3 absorption unit

Quote Originally Posted by wdietz View Post
    I'm looking for 5 tons for residential AC. Is there a system out there that is like a big propane powered absorption refrigerator (Servel, Electrolux) They seem to max out at about 0.5 kw (1800 btu/hr fuel used-assuming COP of 1). I had a servel as a kid and it ran with no issues for 30 years. I can't afford to buy 36 of them to hook together. I'm hoping that I can find a no noise, no trouble chiller, that just keeps on running like that old frige. I need to know heat fluid requirements to see if I can get a solar thermal array to be the heat source. There have been several threads about solar AC but none have produced anything but opinions. If no one makes such a unit, I'm surely not going to try.
    Hi Try this

http://www.hvindex.com/adpdf/GASCOOL.PDF

regards

Toosh
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Try here also
    http://www.yazakienergy.com/ Robur is another

Toosh
    Last edited by Toosh; 23-02-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

wdietz Guest

seems gascool is no more. the web address gasforce-com redirects to connaught.plc

wdietz Guest

Thanks, am waiting on a reply from Yazaki and Robur.

Your very welcome good luck

Toosh