hsmith Guest

Daikin Altherma Rotex HPSU + Sanicube Hydrocube

Hello,

I am going to install a HP for domestic hot water and heating.
    I am in doubt whether to choose Daikin Altherma or the Rotex System.
    Since they told me the machines are identical, I am now more interestied in finding if I should pair the Heat Pumps to the Hydrocube/ Sanicube cylinder (which is unique to rotex) or to a regular cylinder like the one daikin sells. My installer strongly advised me the Hydrocube...

Moreover,I need to pair 2 HP with 2 Hydrobox together for producing 26kw. How can I do that?

Many thanks
    Harry

Re: Daikin Altherma Rotex HPSU + Sanicube Hydrocube

Hi Harry,

The Daikin system and Rotex system are indeed the same things (as Daikin own Rotex)

The Rotex Sanicube is a heat store, so none of the water contained within the heat store is used for sanitary use, it is used as a heat transfer medium so when you pass colder water through it, it collects the heat stored within. Also the Rotex system has the lowest heat loss of any type of water storage I know of (approx 1.7 degrees C of heat loss in 72 hours)

The Daikin system uses conventional water storage cylinders which store the water that is used in your bath/shower/sink.

If your linking two systems together then a low loss header is probably your best bet.

I really don't think there's much between the two systems. Horses for courses as the saying goes. As long as the systems have been sized correctlythey should both do the job very well.

Odd Job

Re: Daikin Altherma Rotex HPSU + Sanicube Hydrocube

if you use the Rotex cylinder you can have the option of an immersion heater in the cylinder if you require it.

If you are interested in solar you could use the thermal store as a pre heat which can feed the Daikin hot water cylinder.
    This way the pre heat cylinder can be kept at a really low temperature which will mean that solar will be available nearly every day of the year for pre heat to your incoming mains.
    The good thing about the pre heat cylinder using this type is that you do not have to sanitise it as it only holds about 8 to 10 litres of water in the coil.
    The other good thing is that it has a heating coil at the top which you can pre heat your return water via solar.