Hello all, i have been an air con installer/maintenance for around 4 years now. I have lots to learn still but im confident now on all the systems i come across. I am happy with the wiring but im not qualified in this. I have not however been put through an apprentiship as my boss is not willing to do this due to previous experience of idiots not bothering to go to college etc.

So this has left me with all this knowledge and nothing to back it up with really except the 2078.

If i was to leave and go into a joint buisiness with my brother ( a domestic installer ) is there any option of use gaining the quals to sign up for i the wiring on our installs in the commercial sectro etc... Obviously he can do the domestic stuff but we would waste a lot of money paying someone for work we have done.

I have been looking at a few courses (i know these are frowned upon but bare with me)

For the electrcial side of things

CITB RE:5
17 edition

Air Con:

CITB pipe work and brazing
CITB CAT 1 - F-Gas Safe Handling of Refrigerants
Level 3 VRQ maintenance of refrigeration

After these quals what are the legal implications of say installing a slit system in an office setup? Would we still need a fully fledged spark to inspect and test?

Also are these quals going to be enough or am i missing something really obvious?

Many thanks,

BD