Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesco

Lightbulb Tesco

Any updates on the service contract? Apart from tittle tattle and chinese whispers seems to be deafening silence...........
    Ideal world would see all the majors evenly split up to allow full coverage of commitments but hey who says we live in an ideal world??

J Whytock

Re: Tesco

Looks like KB have got Tesco contract from WR

Quote Originally Posted by gindog20 View Post
    Looks like KB have got Tesco contract from WR

im new to this supermarket roller coaster but wow

better get your danfoss paperwork out guys, and lots of sleepless nights on standby

ALL THESE RETAIL CONTRACTS ARE THE SAME REALLY JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ABOVE THE DOOR
    J Whytock

Quote Originally Posted by jwhytock View Post
    ALL THESE RETAIL CONTRACTS ARE THE SAME REALLY JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ABOVE THE DOOR
    yeah but not many impose 5k fines if a case is off for 24hr

don't worry you want be called out at night as you will already be working a late shift, tesco have demanded 24hr manned shifts 24/7 not call out, we will be working round the clock. no over time
    if you cant't fix it don't

that would be an insane waste of resources ........surely only needed if the contractor has no where near enough engineers to cover the contract...............
    im sure a national company with total coverage will handle the contract without having equipment lying emptied all over the nation........ madness of having countless engineers doing maintainances through the night waiting on calls coming in cant see why that would even smell like a good idea
    J Whytock

Quote Originally Posted by headgasket View Post
    don't worry you want be called out at night as you will already be working a late shift, tesco have demanded 24hr manned shifts 24/7 not call out, we will be working round the clock. no over time
    LMAO WOW

Didnt know that . if its true !!!!

aye if their still isnt anything to do you will become an ambient replenishment assistant

Quote Originally Posted by fowlie View Post
    aye if their still isnt anything to do you will become an ambient replenishment assistant

i would be polishing and waxing the packs if i found my self stuck for something worth while to do

tesco will nail this to the ground no wonder every contractor pulled thier tenders, this new contract will be the begining of the end for any one who touches it garunteed! the kpi's impossed are impossible to make.

Oh you boys have it bad over there..... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    tesco will nail this to the ground no wonder every contractor pulled thier tenders, this new contract will be the begining of the end for any one who touches it garunteed! the kpi's impossed are impossible to make.

There's a sucker born every minute. Wait for the press release from the next one to come along

Cool Re: Tesco

"NO WONDER ALL THE CONTRACTORS PULLED THERE TENDORS "
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT FOR EVEN A NANO SECOND !
    I TAKE IT FROM THAT COMMENT THE CURRENT CONTRACTOR IS/WILL BE ABSOLUTELY ECSTATIC TO SEE THE CONTRACT DISAPEAR. SURELY WHOEVER WINS THAT CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER MAJOR RETAILER,S WORK WOULD OR WILL BE PLEASED NOT GUTTED WHOEVER THEY MAY BE
    J Whytock

hi guys, I worked from the n/w of england on tescos , but only on the hvac side , a load of crap the management where from the victorian era there attitude stunk
    the best of luck to however is unlucky enough to get the contract

escosse 1 Guest

well if no one has realised by now that tescos want to rule the world as well, then any company expecting a good deal with them should forget it.You only have to look at the current situation with a well known company in the south of the area.

as long as i don't see a reduction on pay and there is work to be done thats all i care about, lucky to have jobs to go to these days.....

its no secret that wr lose over a million every year on this contract and thats just on 2 regions out the 7 they cover, take into concideration they have serviced it for years and the engineers know it inside out, any company taking this on board without the right guys to service it from the kick off will be in trouble, this contract has changed BIG TIME since a lot of guys used to work it, dont get me wrong i like working this contract and i have done so for years but it changes all the time and if we do lose it i will miss it, but a word of warning to anyone who thinks its just any other contract YOUR IN FOR A RUDE AWAKEN!! mark my words.

escosse 1 Guest

all i can say is roll on the 120 hour per week late shift to satisfy tesco's demands

its the 2 hour response for a undercounter foster that makes you laugh

i got a call tonight for a produce case high temp 2hr response it would take me two hours then some just to get there,me thinks i will leave it to the morning

i guess that happens when companies try to cover huge areas with 2 men
    J Whytock

lol whats that got to do with 2 hour responses?

Thumbs up Re: Tesco

this is just getting daft now ....... dedicated tesco only engineers e.g would mean each store could get around 2 to 3 hours attention a day mind you the state there in theyll take some time to get up to scratch first . kiss kiss xx
    J Whytock

Quote Originally Posted by jwhytock View Post
    this is just getting daft now ....... dedicated tesco only engineers e.g would mean each store could get around 2 to 3 hours attention a day mind you the state there in theyll take some time to get up to scratch first . kiss kiss xx
    Isn't that what asda do? You hear a lot about Tesco and sainsbury but nothing about asda on this forum.
    ...and she said "give it to me you big fridgie"

ha-ha good 1..... oh i am back in the room i was just day dreaming about plant rooms at blackhall and kirkaldy
    your right this is getting daft, afterall we are all in this together!!and it could soon be a case of same day diff t-shirt time for a lot of people so slagging off each others company's is not good more so on here for all to see

Quote Originally Posted by 750 Valve View Post
    Isn't that what asda do? You hear a lot about Tesco and sainsbury but nothing about asda on this forum.

Asda use a company that look after them 100%.

They do fridge, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, gas, drains, bakery, catering,
    lighting you name it, they even do the land scapeing.

Now City FM the company who do this are quite good, as companies go and
    they for the most part have good engineers and good relations with the stores.
    The company do look after the guys as well, they are a stable working
    environment and if you do your job you get it easy.

Like most companies the guys might have a few things to moan about but
    the relationship Asda have with City is a good one and it is based on a sound footing.

They even set up there own parts distrabution company to supply Asda.
    NRW was founded on the back of the Asda contract and again it seems to work well.

They have been doing it for about 12 years now so they must be doing somthing right.

City are one of the only companies who over the last few years have taken on apprentices
    and trained them properly, giving them the full range of experience. They are keen on multi skilling
    and I know that the reason the system works so well is because of the relationship the guys
    have with each other. If someone needs to be somewhere but can't get there in the time restriction
    there is someone from another discleplin that can attend and attempt first fix.

This works well for all the skill bases not just fridge.

Cheers taz.
    Last edited by taz24; 11-02-2010 at 02:51 PM.

I believe that this kind of working structure is what Space are trying to emulate. Whether they can get it right and make it work or not remains to be seen.

good point Taz, to key for me is the training of apprentices not a lot of companies have done this for years now and i think we will see in the not to far future, a pure lack of experienced enginners, again this all points back to the supermarkets screwing companies to the wall!

The Asda/City tie-up is down to Asda owning 40% of City Holdings, the company behind City refrig etc. that is why it has lasted so long and why it works so well!!

Here here was trying to point out obvious shortcomings and systems that could.... prove to be workable your spot on though with the slagging off wasnt getting at any one directly only methods used by many companies
    J Whytock

Well here we are all again, on the merry go round that is the Supermarket industry

Who will stay and who will be tuped over and at the end of the contract will they be tuped again.

You would think that the retailers would after all these years start to take the hint that the way they operate is not working very well, probably with the exception of Asda. Who seem to have a good working relationship with their service contractor.

We only have to look at the stores and see whos stores are well maintained and not so well. The retailer will say that the service contractor is not providing the service that they expect and the service contractor is struggling to provide the service that they expect as there is no money to put in to provide training, apprentices etc.

The retailers spend Millions a year on advertising to the consumer on how they take the greatest care in provinding the best customer service. If they spent a fraction of that budget on giving there service contractors a bit extra, the service contractor would be able to provide the service that the retailer expects, bring in better engineers and acheive their ppms and kpi's that show the retailer that they are getting value for money.

It will be intresting to see how Tesco's next service contractor copes and i hope they have done their sums, for their employees sake.

At the end of the day it's all about tins of beans(rant over)

Spot on the money supermarketguy!
    !! its the engineers who work there backsides off trying to do there best that always get hit with all the hassle of TUPE etc WHY CANT THE WORK BE SPREAD OUT EVENLY????????
    J Whytock

I'm told Carter's have a big slice of the tesco work, they announced to their engineers yesterday that they were going on salary and shifts!!! Not gone down well. look what happened to Kenyons, Westward etc!!! Wr appear to have retained some but will be serviced by dedicated engineers run separately from the local branch.

re tesco..beleive space got the majority

Space have 39% of the service work!

i think tesco have split the uk into 4 regions with wr getting 1 region space getting 1 carter 1 and kb 1 region

Space get the west, WR the east, Carter/KB the north and EMS the south east I beleive.

Quote Originally Posted by chillled View Post
    I'm told Carter's have a big slice of the tesco work, they announced to their engineers yesterday that they were going on salary and shifts!!! Not gone down well. look what happened to Kenyons, Westward etc!!! Wr appear to have retained some but will be serviced by dedicated engineers run separately from the local branch.

One word codswallop!

Which bit??? What do you know? what you bringing to the party??
    Just what i've heard on the local jungle drums!

try not to believe jungle drums they hurt your ears ....
    seriously though i guess this is more about what wr have lost.... i cant believe how much has gone

Until WR gets some balls and tell the blokes whats happening it is limbo land
    i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours. i just think of leavin the rat race for good

i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours(quote)

how much did they offer ?

think that would be unfair to put that in the thread some people might kick up a stink over that

ok not a problem lol

BigBadWilf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tony--1 View Post
    i got offered a tescos position but 12 hour shifts no over time pay until you have done 60 hours(quote)

how much did they offer ?
    They offered me £13.25 an hour no premium rate whilst driving and shifts, it looks like you could be crawling round Tesco for 60 hours a week all on single time, not worth moving for

some of us didn't get the choice i got told on wensday i'm being tupe'd accross to space

was speaking to my mate today who works for KB, says they only have 6 engineers dedicated for the new tesco contract instead of the 22 they thought they would have in place, if thats true with only 1 week to go
    then they will be up a creek without a paddle, i hope its gonna be a long hot summer

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    6 engineers dedicated for the new tesco contract instead of the 22, only 1 week to go
    That is one big oops if it is true Are WR not TUPEing engineers to KB in Scotland?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast