experienced mate/ maintenance engineer seeking employment due to redundancy

I am a experienced maintenance engineer / mate seeking employment in the west midlands area , I hold the City and guilds 2078 and city and guilds 6127 qualifications , I have install experienced on both refrigeration and air conditioning , and wiring / fault finding skills . I am a very hard worker and would except any position in the trade . I have excellent reference's and know my way around most refrigeration systems , I can start immediately and would work for minimum wage I am extremely flexible and would be a asset to any company . I have been laid off from my previous position due to lack of work . I would also be grateful for any advice on improving my chances of finding employment.

Re: experienced mate/ maintenance engineer seeking employment due to redundancy

Hi Andy,

Very sorry to hear that.
    Have you tried the recruitment ads on the site?

Best of luck my friend.

sorry to here your predicament
    most companies would want the new quals 2079 safe handling of refrigirant

there is funding available to sit these new quals

yeah I know i think the 2078 goes in july 2010 , I am going to do the 2079 anyway , does any one know how much it is I have heard its 500 notes or there about

Quote Originally Posted by andy32 View Post
    yeah I know i think the 2078 goes in july 2010 , I am going to do the 2079 anyway , does any one know how much it is I have heard its 500 notes or there about
    There are loads of places round your way for less than £500 just check the C & G website, put your post code in and find the closest

I have my own transport and most tools as well do not know if this helps or not

got a interveiw monday where I have to fix some fridges , I have absolutly no idea what they are but as long as they are not domestics running off Isobutane I should have a good chance of getting the job.

Good luck Andy, let us know how you get on!

got the job , hopefully it will keep me in the trade till i get back onto industrial stuff , I had to fix three fridges and change a compressor , they are all on test now so hopefully they will be working in the morning when i go back in