weah Guest

Fundamentals Help Sought

Please help me solve this...what i need is how to start this.
    Problem;
    A refrigeration system employing R134a is operating on an ideal refrigeration cycle with an evaporator temp of 4oC and a condensing temp of 42oC. Determine:
    a) Properties at all states 1,2,3 and 4 (this i have done)
    b) the refrigerant flow rate in l/s for each kW of refrigeration capacity
    c) the theoretical Wattage of the compressor per kW of refrigeration capacity
    d) ratio of condenser rejected heat to evaporator extracted heat
    e) the COP(ref) of the cycle....

can mail me the worked out details too ...vnangolo@yahoo.com

Re: Fundamentals Help Sought

Hmmm... yet another student wanting someone else to do his homework for him.

weah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    all i need is pointers please...have a whole of problems to solve once i get the hang of this....please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Gary

According to the above statement, it would appear you are suggesting that a I am a student, who has joined this forum in search of somebody to do my homework. I think your comments are unfair and you are sure to deter younger engineers such as myself, from contributing to this forum.

For your information, I am a practitioner in the building services industry who is enrolled in a distance learning post graduate engineering programme. I joined this forum to help improve my knowledge and understanding of refrigeration and related subjects. The knowledge that I have acquired to date is not for the sole purpose of undertaking academic tasks such as refrigeration problems, etc. In my work, I evaluate all the technical information I source from the internet and apply this knowledge to my work to help improve the finished product.

My role as an design engineer is to help ensure buildings are more productive, comfortable and energy efficient. Knowledge of the many disciplines of building services engineering or ’HVAC&R is key to achieving these objectives. I believe this can be achieved through successful ‘’knowledge sharing’’ on discussion forums such as refrigeration engineer.com. I support this concept and it is this reason that I have contributed to some technical queries, previously posted by other members in search of sound advise or alternative opinions.

Inadequate knowledge management and sharing is a serious problem that faces every industry. I am sure everybody at some stage of their career has been the victim of this practice (or lack of). Controlling CO2 levels and rising energy demands to name but a few, are global concerns amongest this profession. For those who resist the culture of knowledge sharing, should perhaps realise that openness and teamwork can lead to improvements in technology/ engineering which in turn will help manage these problems and lead to a greener world.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by solas View Post
    Gary

According to the above statement, it would appear you are suggesting that a I am a student, who has joined this forum in search of somebody to do my homework.<snip>
    Solas, would you please explain how Gary was making comments to you as you have not made any entries to this thread for him to comment on.

Or are you also claiming to be Weah from South Africa?
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Hello Brian

The reason I am responding to this post as the comment is negative and appears to be directed at anybody who has recently posted a query relating to academic work. The quote reads ‘’yet another student’’ which implies other members, not limited to the poster of this specific thread.

If you review the queries posted in Jan’, you will find a small number of posts relating to academic work, which happens to include some of my queries. And this is where the connection lies.

This is my interpretation of the matter. It is certainly not something I wish to dwell as there is not much to be learned and a frankly a waste of time. However, I think contributors should have a right to respond to negative comments directed at them. And please note, I do not support the idea of engineers joining a forum hoping to be spoon-fed. But I do believe some people on this forum, would like to share their knowledge with others for the better of this industry and the environment.

Finally I do not know why you would suggest I could be acting as somebody else. I dont understand what there is to gain, by joining a technical forum and using two separate names. Furthermore, I imagine this unusual behaviour would be in breach of the forum rules. If you are really concerned that this could be the case, I would suggest comparing our IP addresses as we certainly don’t share the same fibe optics. I don’t know the poster of this thread and I am not writing this on their behalf.

I would not like to see something trivial like this run on, but I don’t think it is me you should be directing the question at.

I joined this forum as it is a wealth of knowledge, thanks to technically minded contributors from across the globe dedicated to this profession. I hope to learn form other members and I would like to contribute when I feel I can add some value. I hope this can continue in a positive environment.