A-yo Guest

lg ch 26 error code

hI everybody, have you ever dealt with the LG CH26 code. I already changed the pcb, sensors, and capacitors,checked widings, but the compressor still ain't running. Change the compressor would be my last option even if the lg techs think it would be the "next step"(???!!!!)... How about change the outdour unit? I asked... Oh sorry my bad, I made a poor installation...

Re: lg ch 26 error code

Salut!
    I do not know better about lg's, but if it has the "compresor seized" (ch26), then the comp. should have been checked and changed in the first place - altogether with its inverter (if the latter cannot be checked properly). Or the whole outdoor unit - what may turn even cheaper.

Windings' resistance may stay impaired, it is not a criteria.
    Last edited by Yuri B.; 31-01-2010 at 10:32 AM.

A-yo Guest

Thanks for the quick reply Yuri, as usual this forum is very helpfull and I rather trust blue collars than whites....

my friend also has the same problem recently, however, after resetting the system. it is back to normal.

anything to worry about?

Hi Hwtan,

It will either keep working or it won't, worrying will make no difference, so why worry

Might be worth checking the system over for anything obvious like loose wires or connections, good airflows, and if it appears to be doing the duty it should.

Jon

nashcooper Guest

If helpful for future reference... In my situation with a LG unit yesterday, this error code (CH 26) was caused by a disconnected 3-wire connector. Connector was female off back/ underside of circuit board at the top of the unit (having removed the cover); I believe the wires were blue, red, yellow; once wires of same configuration and coloring but with male connector were connected at that location, and having repowered the compressor and indoor units, system began running fine.

That connector is a loose fitting; there was no distinct 'click' by touch or by sound when the two ends were reconnected--but the connection is tight (i.e. no gap between the connectors where they join). This may be a fluke, or a batch issue with the connectors.

Good luck.