Lg sbs bizarre fault

Hi all, can anyone help with this? I've got an ongoing job with an LG, gwl227ybqa side by side f/freezer that has a strange fault. I have seen identical fault about 12 months ago on the same model (different job) but as we couldn't achieve a repair within time limits we ended up exchanging the appliance, despite fitting various bits!
    The fault manifests itself by flashing the illuminating lamp within the dispenser unit on the outside of the freezer door, at the same time the solenoid that opens the dispenser flap remains engaged (loud buzzing) permanently (stops whilst door open, then carries on when door shut). There is also a relay ticking on main pcb in time with flashing light. Various colleagues have suggested various thing without being more than just "fit it and see what happens". It's really bugging me now, so if anyone has come across this, PLEASE share your knowledge!!
    Cheers all.

Re: Lg sbs bizarre fault

had same fault bout 3 months ago replaced main pcb and seemed to fix the fault as when went out to them last wk to fix there washing machine they told me fridge freezer is working better than ever has been..

Cheers, any help is welcomed. Thank you.

sweeneyuk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 344martin View Post
    Hi all, can anyone help with this? I've got an ongoing job with an LG, gwl227ybqa side by side f/freezer that has a strange fault. I have seen identical fault about 12 months ago on the same model (different job) but as we couldn't achieve a repair within time limits we ended up exchanging the appliance, despite fitting various bits!
    The fault manifests itself by flashing the illuminating lamp within the dispenser unit on the outside of the freezer door, at the same time the solenoid that opens the dispenser flap remains engaged (loud buzzing) permanently (stops whilst door open, then carries on when door shut). There is also a relay ticking on main pcb in time with flashing light. Various colleagues have suggested various thing without being more than just "fit it and see what happens". It's really bugging me now, so if anyone has come across this, PLEASE share your knowledge!!
    Cheers all.
    I have this fault now. was dispensing ice & when finished the light blinks in time with a relay. this stops when the door is open but returns when shut.

After some time the light & relay stops & all seems normal but when i try to dispense ice the motor turns & trys to dispense the ice but the rubber duct door doesnt open.

Having removed the ice making unit i noted lots of ice around the ice shoot mechanism solenoid which was causing resistance to operate(this is the up & dowm solenoid that works the little metal arm).

Cleared all the ice but still wont come out of shoot. can only be the rubber door over the duct not opening.

How did you get on with this issue?

How would i get into the mechanism that controls the duct door as its behind the main body of the door & cannot see any screws. would i need to go through the front dispaly module? how does that remove?
    Seems like the white interior is a skin glued to the body underneath.

How would i tell if its the relay that controls the duct door or the solenoid operating the door?

If i need to replace the main module where would you suggest is the best place to purchase?

Sorry if thats alot to ask but am not sure who to contact. Does anyone do repairs in hertfordshire/essex area? I'm in waltham cross.

Any help appreciated