stewart s Guest

Newbie needing training advice. Uk

Hi All. My names stewart. Ive just been made redundent from my job as a vending engineer. As the title suggests, Ive been fixing hot drink, water collers, can vendors and sweet machines. All of which have fridges in.
    Ive decided to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning but im not really sure where to start.
    Please can anyone help answer these questions.

1. Ive seen jobs advertised for refrigertion engineers that require a city and guild / NVQ Level 2 or 3. Is this enough ?

2. Do you know if refrigeration companies are likley to take on a newly qualified worker, If not, how do you get any experience ?

3. Does anyone have any links to training courses in the south of england around the brighton area. ( can travel )

If anyone has any other knoledge that might be of use to me, Please get in touch.

Thanks in advance. Stewart

Re: Newbie needing training advice. Uk

Quote Originally Posted by stewart s View Post
    Hi All. My names stewart. Ive just been made redundent from my job as a vending engineer. As the title suggests, Ive been fixing hot drink, water collers, can vendors and sweet machines. All of which have fridges in.
    Ive decided to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning but im not really sure where to start.
    Please can anyone help answer these questions.

1. Ive seen jobs advertised for refrigertion engineers that require a city and guild / NVQ Level 2 or 3. Is this enough ?

2. Do you know if refrigeration companies are likley to take on a newly qualified worker, If not, how do you get any experience ?

3. Does anyone have any links to training courses in the south of england around the brighton area. ( can travel )

If anyone has any other knoledge that might be of use to me, Please get in touch.

Thanks in advance. Stewart
    Ring around your local ac companies and ask if you can shadow an enginner to show you about refrigeration and then see if you like the job then go from there.

Brearmarelm Guest

Newbie needing training advice Uk

Ive been a Third Watch fan forever, but never knew about this place. Glad I found it. Thanks

Re: Newbie needing training advice. Uk

I Had to do the following:

City & Guilds 2078 Safe handling of refrigerants (1 Day)
    City & Guilds Technical Certificate Level 2 (1 Year)
    NVQ Level 2 (6 months)
    City & Guilds 2079 F Gas (5 Day) (1 Day also available)
    CITB Brazing

Helps if you have some electrical qualifications, all the good jobs seem to ask for it! Hope this helps???