jdrefrigeration Guest

maytag fridge activation of new controller

guys
    can anyone help me activate the new controller for a maytag fridge.
    customers services in maytag came up with the idea of not giving out the directions so that they can send thier own engineer to the job....at a ridiculous charge. any suggestions??/
    please

Re: maytag fridge activation of new controller

Mode:
    Note:
    The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.
    1. Open the Fresh Food door and hold the Fresh Food door light switch closed while pushing the Freezer Temperature Down Key pad 3 times consecutively.

Note:
    The 3 Keystrokes must be done consecutively and within 10 seconds.
    2. Release the Fresh Food door light switch.
    3. The control will display PE to confirm entry into the programming mode.
    Freezer Refrigerator

P
    4. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Down key once more.

Note:
    All control functions will be turned off (Compressor, Defrost, Evaporator Fan, the damper will remain in its current position).
    5. The control will display the current Program Code. This value should be validated with the Program Code printed on the unit serial plate.

Freezer Refrigerator5

Note:
    If the Program Code is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by closing the Refrigerator door(s).
    6. To set the desired Program Code number press the Freezer and Refrigerator UP keys. The corresponding digit will be advanced with each key press.
    7. Once the desired Program Code is displayed, press the Freezer DOWN Key until the Program Code begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

Note:
    If you attempt to enter an invalid Program Code the control will not save the new code, but will flash the old code and this will be displayed. (The unit will NOT run with a Program Code of 00).
    8. Once the Program Code has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by closing the Refrigerator door(s). If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated after closing the Refrigerator door(s).

The Programming mode can be exited at any time by closing the Refrigerator Door(s).
    Defrost Operation:
    The Control Board adapts the compressor run time between defrosts to achieve optimum defrost intervals by monitoring the length of time the defrost heater is on.
    After initial power up, defrost interval is 4 hours compressor run time. Defrost occurs immediately after the 4 hours.
    Note:
    Once unit is ready to defrost there is a 4 minute wait time prior to the beginning of the defrost cycle.
    Optimum defrost is 15 minutes. Each additional minute the defrost thermostat remains closed, 1 hr. is subtracted from the previous defrost interval. Each minute the thermostat opens prior to optimum defrost, it extends the next defrost interval 1 hr. When defrost thermostat opens there is a 4-6 minute drip time before compressor restarts or Control Board will terminate defrost at 25 minutes if defrost thermostat has not opened and will reset the defrost interval to the 8 hr. minimum setting.
    4 hours of continuous compressor run resets the next defrost interval to 8 hours and will initiate a defrost, if 8 hours of compressor run time has also occurred.

Forced Defrost Mode:
    Power up
    Refrigeration mode will occur unless both the cold control and defrost terminator are open, in that case the defrost mode will occur for 2 minutes.
    The forced defrost function is performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Forced Defrost Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
    1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
    2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively.

E

I fitted a new board to my own Maytag fridge/freezer (Model GC2225GEKB) today and it wont accept the code! Followed the instructions that came with the board (Same as those above) but when I hold down the freezer down button it just wont accept. Very frustrating! Re-fitted the old board and re-entered the code and that was OK, accepted with no problems. Re-fitted the new board and no joy. Anybody have any idea (This is the second new board as I though the board was faulty and ordered a new one) as Maytag are worse than useless. Dont want to pay £150 for a call out but running out of options.

I assume your code is something like 28, enter code 05, it'll work fine

Yes the code was 28. I entered the code 05 and it accepted it but it did not get the bl**y fridge to work, still not running. Any other suggestions!

Hold fire! The bl**y fridge has started working. After I entered the 05 code the fridge shut down, even the evap fan stopped. This was how the fridge was in programme mode so assumed it had not worked. Just walked past the fridge and all is well, compressor, and evap fan running! Looks like it needed a couple of mins to reset itself. Thank you very much HAPPY for the advice as Maytag have been worse than useless and I would not touch another Maytag product.