Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: check out these guys !!

Sounds like the best idea that I've heard all day. I think that I'll do likewise. Have a good evening

Karl

No sireee.........

We need to protect our livelyhooods
    Coolie, come out with some ideas where we can maintain pressure

In the main, I would suggest that Slimons "forum" is not visited very much, and has very few posters other than himself, his wife and his dog, and although the man is irritating in the way that he has twisted and edited posts from engineers to show us in a bad light (The post by the engineer who spells even worse than I do) I believe that his general tone is pretty transparrent even to joe public.

Still I guess that we could have some fun with him
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyub
    No sireee.........

We need to protect our livelyhooods
    Coolie, come out with some ideas where we can maintain pressure
    Does anybody know any Hackers? We could hack his site and change all his access priveleges and post all the right things!

Then delete all his futile messages!
    Never underestimate anybody, you never know when they will make you look like an idiot!

Just dont give up pestering him. And let him know who it is so he gets the bl00dy message.
    I'd love to meet this cowboy and tell him how it is!!
    Never underestimate anybody, you never know when they will make you look like an idiot!

rbartlett Guest

Simon Savin
    Global Cooling

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:08 am Post subject: Electrical work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The electrical work is included if the supply is 13 ampere, either a fuse box or 3 pin socket. If a 15 ampere or 20 ampere supply is required an electrician is required to provide a suitable mains feed for the air conditioner. VAT is excluded. Included would be installation materials, wall brackets for condensing unit, full commission and testing process.

Part P part P part P
    part P part P part Peee...eee
    Part P part Part P pa..aart P
    Pa..art Pee Pa..ar..t Pee..

cheers

richard

rbartlett Guest

does anyone know any other good jokes??

cheers

richard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Millennium
    After viewing the posts here we have decided to pass a copy of all the posts and IP addresses to our solicitors for further action.
    I think somebody is getting jealous.

Just because you cant run a decent website/business, dont get upset and bring your worthless comments here.
    Oh and dont make empty threats about getting your solicitors involved. Have you not heard of a wonderfull new thing, it's called freedom of speech.
    At least we dont modify or delete posts, willy nilly.

You need to realise that to people like us, you are no threat at all. In fact, people like you create work for people like us. We have to run after you cleaning up the mess you created/initialised!

Quote Originally Posted by rbartlett
    does anyone know any other good jokes??

cheers

richard
    What do you get when you cross a cowboy with an air conditioner?

Global Cooling

hey Mr. Millennium

After viewing the posts here we have decided to pass a copy of all the posts and IP addresses to our solicitors for further action.
    does that mean we pi55ed you off or are you going to take notice of the law and part p regulations.

Laws are there for a reason even if we don`t like or agree with them.

(THANKS COOLIE , WERE YOU GETTING FED UP WITH ALL MY MISTACKES)
    IF AT FIRST YOU DON`T SUCCEED.
    DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU TRIED!
    and go get a cuppa

No problem mate, just thought I'd give a fellow (qualified) engineer a hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Millennium
    I look forward to your constructive critiscm on our site
    So why do you keep deleting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie
    Coolie has been removed from the memberslist, look out for n00kie though. Thats me too!
    Oh no, n00kie has been executed too!

. I am a retired engineer, I
    Hi guys - just catching up with this but how come a retired engineer is just buying his first system?

hes been saving his money frank

Thought so

Mr Millenium,

Is your solicitor one of those geezers who is also singing your praises on your one man forum?

To use a seemingly open forum to peddle your wares is cynical and dishonest. To alter a post to suit your own ends, is downright disgusting. If you want to host a forum, well that is your business but take the good with the bad, as long as the language is civil.

Feel free to send my IP adress and posts to whoever you like, I shall continue to laugh at you and your stock of overpriced junk.
    Karl

You go Karl!!! I am sure there are many more Engineers who feel the same way!

Man has made the rules to be protected from those who have their own way in a different direction.

As electricity and gases under high pressure involved, authorities should impose the law and clear the streets from these people whom are risking lives only for money.

Its not about taking mine or anybody Else's job, actually, I get more work by repairing bad and dangerous installing made by untrained people.

It is definitely our job to worn the public about bad trade methods and unprofessional installing of air conditioners.

From the same reason you can not do the MOT at home, or any other job which require a licence.

Even on "Big strong boy's", I don't like the way they explain to you how to redo your electricity in your home.

Even in my country, preforming of electrical work without a valid licence is a criminal offence. Air condition and refrigeration is under these authorities!

solicitors???

Chemi

RAC is on soon. The Dept of Environment will be represented. A good opportunity now to begin the process of registration.

Registration for us guys is now top of our list so only people who are "able" can become registered.

ie: We have the necessary refrigerant handling certificates

We gain exemption for electrical work for our side of the job. This can be obtained once we speak with the relevant bodies.

It's not so much that I object to these geezers selling their wares, but it is the encouraging folk to DIY when there are serious safety issues at stake

B&Q have been selling gas appliances to the general public for a long time, and I see plenty of DIY installed gas appliances of which 50% of them are correctly installed (Folk get shifty when you ask them who has done the installation) so it would be fair to say that 50% of people simply cannot read the instructions that come in the box. I guess that it would be fair to use the same figures to the people who DIY their little ac units.

It does really annoy me when a site is set up to appear to be an open forum for the interchange of advice and information, but is in fact there as a marketing tool. If it is an advert, then please be honest, a good product will sell with a well constructed advert.

I actually read the mail that is sent to me and is made to look like an advert, but it takes a little while for me to find time to do so,I read my more important post first. Stuff that is disguised as an important letter goes straight in the shredder, even if I thought that I wanted the product. A dishonest first approach is the sure sign of a disreputable company

If you fit it correctly, it might work
    Last edited by Karl Hofmann; 13-02-2005 at 09:31 PM.
    Karl

Just a thought.

We all seem to have an opinion of Mr Milleneium and his way of doing business.
    We could all go to his website and see what Premium brands he is selling.
    We, at the RAC, could all mention to our own suppliers, of his premium brands, that we may not be happy about our industry being devalued by Mr Millenium.
    We, as a collective, may have a greater purchasing power than Mr Millenium.
    Maybe, the powers at be, might decide to leave Mr millenium, to sell his "Designed by us", Millenium brand exlusivly.

If nothing changed, we would all know the true meaning of Daikin 1 and York Partners.

From my interpretation af these schemes, these manufacturers have already resigned themselves to our devalued product.

Have you seen the price of small Hitachi, MHI, M/elec m series, Carrier these days. It cost almost as much for a peristaltic as is does for these systems now.

This is the way it is going, DIY COMFORT COOLING, In the back of your minds, maybe you could just tilt your cap to the fella for getting there first.
    And other than pissing off engineers, as it says on his website he would, up until recently, with part p, he has not actually done anything wrong.

I know it looks like i'm defending the man, and here are the facts.

I have lost genuine jobs to him.
    I have sent tyre kickers to him, when i have got bored with them
    I have had good feedback about him from the "tyre kickers" i had lost patience with.

We are in business to make money, not to save the planet. Fair enough if we can save the planet after the bills have been paid then great. But first and foremost to pay the bills, clothe the children.
    This chap has seen this market opportunity and exploited it.
    Things are now slowley tightening up. But the thing is, this chap has got the thing no amount of advertising can attain, recomendation from happy clients. This has been gotten by spotting the early opportunity and seizing it.
    Admit it chaps, in the domestic market, he has a 20yard start.

Cheers

eggs

I would say that to most of you larger guys, then the domestic market is already closed off, but to the small tradesman it is a potentially a good market where a good living can be earned using better quality kit for a comperable price, so from my point of view, I would not agree that he has got the jump on some of us.

I am able to look at an installation as an entire package that I control from the first call to the end of the life of the system, and so can control my pricing keenly. If a job is too big for me, I pass it up to a larger company who is better equiped to tackle the job to the customers satisfaction.

I have the best form of advertising..Word of mouth
    Karl

Mr millenium has got competition !

Just got back from B&Q.

Yup you guessed it. DIY, self install, own branded KF-R units, using those quick connect pre-charged lines

12000btu wall mounts £600

9000btu wall mounts £500

cheers

eggs

LOL So why wont my 9000btu machine cool my South facing 4metre X 6 metre conservatory?
    Karl

"sorry mate, i only work here weekends."

cheers

eggs

But have any of you gentlemen got yourself corgi/acops registered, or do you know a good plumber to install the "professional install" units that they supply? Cos on their web site, i quote "Must be fitted by a fully qualified professional heating engineer" i didn't know whether i should laugh or cry.

I'm CORGI Registered, and the last boiler that I would install is a Ravenheat or a Biasi from B&Q. The Ravenheats are reliable enough, but it is the problem of getting parts, Biasis are just awfull, I have just scrapped a six year old Biasi, because the parts and labour on the repair would have been half the price of a new boiler, and the boiler had been repaired twice before.

Replaced with my favorite, a Worcester
    Karl

Karl,

Sorry, i think i misled you. i have just come back from two weeks holiday, and i think i still have my dumb holiday head on.

Follow the link to see what i mean about Heating Engineers being needed to fit the attached units.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID=8030010&entryFlag=false&PRODID=8090020&paintCatId=[/URL]

Ah Yes,

Sorry I have my weekend head on already.

Whats the problem? its copper pipe, innit mate, plumbers stuff, bit of soft solder here and a bit of Jet Blue there, no probs. Oh electrics? Well you need a sparky for that dont ya, I just do the copper and open these valves. That hissing will stop in a few hours as it seals itself. Oh THAT pipe, well you just put a bucket under it and empty it out each day dont ya.

Yeh this aircon lark is a piece of cake, what do you mean it's not blowing cold? Well its buggered innit, take it back to B&Q and give us a call when they give you a new one and I'll do you a good price on fitting that one too.

Errm... Sorry mate, no cheques, cash only
    Karl

Hi Karl,

You just qualified!

When can you start?

Chemi

Thanks Chemi,

I'll take the job but only if you pay milage to and from home
    Karl

i don't know about you guys, but my turnover this year is well down.
    so i have been doing more sub-contract ductwork fitting. (before you frown, check out the money being paid to competant ducters these days!!!)

anyway the main point.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...974721099&rd=1

i turn to ducting when times are hard, i'm not sure i'd try ebay just yet.

cheers

eggs

Ha! I suppose that you could use it as a wall decoration, a bit like those big metal butterflies that the guy in North Wales makes, but would Mr M split his stock to provide the rest of the kit at a reasonable price.

I had a guy ask me to install his Mitsubishi cooler in his living room, but when I went to survey the job it turns out that the muppet had only stolen the indoor unit
    Karl

well I have been a 'member' for less than an hour and I'M BANNED !!!!!!!

come on guy's get registering and post some replies

cheers

richard
    that happens more often than you would think.
    Takes a licking, keeps on ticking.

Jesus Christ!

The first post I read someone wanted to seal flare nuts with silicone to prevent a leak!!!!!!!!WTF!

WTF are these ******s at Global cooling doing?

Aren't there EPA regulations which prevent this type of shet from happening?

This and department stores selling units to home owners needs to stop. If a department store sells units to the public I don't think they should be able to "take them home", rather the qualified tech should deliver and install.

I think all this EPA regulation must be just a money spinner for govs. Whats the point of doing it right when every tom **** and harry is a DIY tech??

We have so many regulations............Like a big bolted door in a bank to prevent someone breaking in.........then they leave a vent open on the side!!

This happened to me some years back, I had a trip to Grimsby and one of my tyres failed on my vehicle. I was desperate for a tyre so I called into a local second hand tyre place, who "supposedly" sell these recycled tyres

He said............40 bucks for new........but Ill give you a second hand one for 20.00 Cash.........its as good as new

I was tempted , he fitted it..........Off I went. On the way I was nearing a bend in the road somewhere..........I slowed down t around 30 MPH, I notice a truck behind me flash......

Just before the bend, the tyre gave way........My car went out of control........I nearly went over.......fortunately due to my having slowed down, I was saved.

This is My argument........The government makes the driver undergo stringent MOT tests............yet,

They allow these unscrupulous operators to sell tyres which are potentially death objects. See the logic?

Similarly............increasingly the engineer will be forced to undergo training and accreditation.............yet, thru the back door. channels can off load their gear willy nilly.

Its like the EU, making sure every drop of refrigerant is accounted for...........yet a poster from South America is still talking about R12
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

This is another handy hint from the guys there !!!!!

If you want to use solid drain tube then the best way is to use plumbers 22mm overflow. By using some PVC electrical tape around the drain exit end you can make a tight fit to the overflow

Mate I joined to be a member over a week ago now and the buggers won't let me post. All I had to say was I'm a refrigeration and air conditioning apprentice. Something tells me they don't want REAL input on their forums.

Go figure.

I didn't even get a chance to post on the site and I was deleted. Unbelievable.

This guy needs to be shut down.

What guy removed what and when?
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Hi guys how are you all doing ? miss you all . . . .
    Hope everything is fine and hope that I'll be able to be back to post in RE ... miss ya allllll

Respects and regards
    Botrous
    Pierre
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Hi botrous,

It has been some time since I have seen you on the site. I hope everything is OK.

Best regards,
    Us Iceman

Hi Iceman ....
    How are you doing ?
    everything is alright , just came back from a long business trip . . .
    what's new ??
    I like the new RE logo

regards and respects
    Botrous
    Engineering, sciences, math, physics and my brain will generate "not responding " soon

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Hi Botrous, good to have you back.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

On the subject of Corgi registration. Having been Corgi registered for the past 15 years, I can confirm a time served plumber / heating engineer can apply for corgi membership, after completing sucessfull ACS training and assessment with either a BPEC or CITB assessment centre.
    When you have Your ACS registration card, you can apply for Corgi membership.
    You simply fill in the forms, send off, complete with cheque and you will get an appointment letter for your inspection.
    If you satisy the inspector that you have the right tools , equipment and a thorough understanding of the gas regs - you should be in!
    But you must have formal city and guilds or a simular qualification, plus some form of apprenticeship in a related subject.

But you must have formal city and guilds or a simular qualification, plus some form of apprenticeship in a related subject.
    Really?

One of my customers (a lage building society) have recently sent their maintenance man (he he ) on a Corgi course and he passed!. He has not done a 4 year apprenticeship - he used to unload the toilet rolls every week from the suppliers lorry
    http://www.corgi-direct.com/corgi-group.aspx
    http://www.pwccwr.org/pembrokehistory.html (sorry)
    Last edited by frank; 18-06-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Question Re: check out these guys !!

well I have been a 'member' for less than an hour and I'M BANNED !!!!!!!

come on guy's get registering and post some replies

cheers

richard
    Funny that Richard.

I posted in there as I was a prospective Buyer.

When I returned, I found I was unable to log on
    as my account was terminated?

And I only posted a question about purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hofmann
    It's not so much that I object to these geezers selling their wares, but it is the encouraging folk to DIY when there are serious safety issues at stake
    Exactly. And as others pointed out there is an enviromental issue as well.

The industry needs to ensure that the EPA are constantly made aware of these issues. And to a lesser extent enviro nuts.
    They need to acknoledge that the refrigeration techs understand enviromental impacts of the refrigeration industry and should support tighter regulations of DIY buffs.

Open more opportunities for industry education and advancement by offering more specialised training at our TAFEs and Universities.

If nothing else I come back to this thread periodically to get my dose of humour.

Cheers fellas

regards

dogma

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast