Legal disposal split a/c by cust

Split system replacement, disposal.
    If I take order from a customer to replace a 7kw split containing say 2kg of R22, or 410, or whatever, and I manage to convince the customer he HAS to have the gas removed and disposed of legally………

• If I get HRP to deliver a reclaim bottle to HIS site, remove the R22 on HIS site from a/c system to reclaim bottle, , and get HRP to collect it from HIS site, do I need a premises code . HRP think I do.
    • If the customer wants the outdoor unit left on site (with a small quantity of contaminated oil in it) and refuses to let me deal with it, I have been told by 2079 tutors that as I took the gas out the outdoor unit this unit is MY waste, and if the customer gets rid of it in any unapproved way I could end up in court. (Of course I would note on the invoice the customer had requested me not to arrange to dispose the outdoor unit) This is going to happen frequently as the older units are replaced when the customers don’t want to pay for disposal.
    • I am also told that the oil has to be removed from an outdoor unit, example fujitsu asy24, hermetic sealed compressor prior to disposal. And again if the customer tells me not to do this it is still my responsibility.

Re: Legal disposal split a/c by cust

Quote Originally Posted by gwm121 View Post
    Split system replacement, disposal.
    If I take order from a customer to replace a 7kw split containing say 2kg of R22, or 410, or whatever, and I manage to convince the customer he HAS to have the gas removed and disposed of legally………

• If I get HRP to deliver a reclaim bottle to HIS site, remove the R22 on HIS site from a/c system to reclaim bottle, , and get HRP to collect it from HIS site, do I need a premises code . HRP think I do.
    • If the customer wants the outdoor unit left on site (with a small quantity of contaminated oil in it) and refuses to let me deal with it, I have been told by 2079 tutors that as I took the gas out the outdoor unit this unit is MY waste, and if the customer gets rid of it in any unapproved way I could end up in court. (Of course I would note on the invoice the customer had requested me not to arrange to dispose the outdoor unit) This is going to happen frequently as the older units are replaced when the customers don’t want to pay for disposal.
    • I am also told that the oil has to be removed from an outdoor unit, example fujitsu asy24, hermetic sealed compressor prior to disposal. And again if the customer tells me not to do this it is still my responsibility.

If you pull the refrigerant from the system you are the producer and
    therefore the waste is yours, not the customers.
    The oil in the comp is waste also and needs disposing of legaly.

You can get get a waste number from DEFRA for free so why not regester.

taz.