Sharkbyte Guest

Work Management Software

Hello:

I have been working to develop a work management system designed to assist small to mid-size service organizations with their day-to-day work management needs.

My current time table is to have primary development completed by the end of Q1, and then begin final live testing.

Below you will find a short description of the functionality the system offers. I would like to ask for any suggestions for changes to current plans; other functionality to consider; or just comments in general.

Currently, my website contains out-dated information, and is not ready to be visited; however, I will do my best to put together a PowerPoint showing screens and functionality, and provide a link, by next weekend.

I would like to thank each of you, for taking the time to read this, and for any information/assistance you provide me.

Respectfully:

Mark

Customer Management - Includes support for commercial and residential customers, with support for multiple locations for each; basic contract management for rates, by type of work; PM system with plans for future functionality for emailing and/or printing customer reminders.

Work Management - Includes service call generation with support for an unlimited number of site visits; parts staging capabilities; quote generation, including support for fixed and calculated costs; a powerful 2-click graphic scheduling system capable of managing more than 150 technician schedules.

Sales & Invoicing - Functionality includes counter sale screens, for supporting over-the-counter parts sales; credit memos; invoicing for service calls, with support for service packages and/or T&L. Invoices can be created for a single visit, or all visits, but can be done multiple times, as work progresses; also includes functionality for job costing, which can be done against counter sales, service calls, and even projected numbers for quotes.

Inventory Management - Includes screens for managing individual parts, with support for transfers and adjustments, cores, and re-order points; inventory location management, with support for 4 primary locations, will call, and an unlimited number of truck inventories; core bank to manage both incoming and outgoing; also includes screens detailing inventory values, and for updating pricing for parts lists. While not yet tested, it is expected the system will fully support bar coding.

Purchasing - Includes support for PO generation, either from scratch or from a list of back order parts, or parts that have reached their re-order point; create receiving notices, RMAs, and invoice matching.

Reporting - While the reports are not yet designed, one primary report will be a Daily Transaction Report, showing a day's transactions, by type, for the date provided.

Future Version - Plans currently include development of a slimmed down "Technician's Version", which would be designed to operate on a touch-screen laptop. Functionality would include a time sheet function, managing truck inventory, and the ability to create an on-site invoice for COD customers.

Sharkbyte Guest

Re: Work Management Software

It doesn't appear that there is much interest, here, in seeing more of this application, so I will wait to post any more information.

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Sharkbyte

The reason no one is posting is because you are trying to advertise or promote your software for free without introducing yourself or being asked to post about your software.
    And as such you are

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Well put Andy, there are million and one similar programs out there, all proven.
    magoo

Sharkbyte Guest

Gentlemen:

Please accept my sincere apologies. Having looked through many of the forum groupings, I felt this one was most appropriate for my post. I also took notice of another software thread, though dated, which seemed to attract a lot of on-going interest.

I did not come here to offend anyone, and as my intent was to illicit suggestions and comments, not find sales leads, it never occurred to me that my post would be taken as an advertisement.

I do not see where I can modify/remove the text of my original post, so - Andy - please feel free to do so.

Magoo, as there seems to be a shortage (in my area at least) of quality, comprehensive systems, built to support smaller vendors, I would ask you to provide 1 or 2 product names I could research.

Thank you both.

Mark

I would be interested in a set of templete that I can plug into my Microsoft Acess.
    I did not see Email address in your profile. How can I contact you?
    Be Happy

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If you download his Vcard you will find his email.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015