Jimbo coolair Guest

Refrigeration Licensing in Canada

Hi all,

I am a 27 year old Australian refrigeration Mechanic based in Melbourne. My girlfriend is Canadian and her visa is up, so I am going to go live with her in Vancouver. i was wondering if anyone could tell me about the licensing requirements for the country state..etc and if your feeling extra generous throw me some contacts

kind regards

Jim

Re: Refrigeration Licensing in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo coolair View Post
    Hi all,

I am a 27 year old Australian refrigeration Mechanic based in Melbourne. My girlfriend is Canadian and her visa is up, so I am going to go live with her in Vancouver. i was wondering if anyone could tell me about the licensing requirements for the country state..etc and if your feeling extra generous throw me some contacts

kind regards

Jim
    Hi Jim, All you need is here

http://www.itabc.ca/AssetFactory.aspx?did=471

Good Luck

Norm
    My wife used to say you never listen to a word I say at least I think that what she said

Hi Jim,
    How can I get the OZ refrigeration licensing? Should I present my work experience here as well?

oldprune Guest

Just be warned when you challenge the examination there might be a question in there where you have to calculate the amount of water needed to run a unit. I say this because Canada is a so called metric country BUT when you write this exam the question is in US gallons. I asked why but could get no answer from anyone.

You will need to prove your Australian ticket and should bring a letter from your last employer stating the number of years that you have worked for them.

Or you could just marry the lovely lady and keep her there in the comfort that she wishes to get used to.

If you do come to Vancouver sign up with BCIT for a refresher course before challenging the exam, thinks are different here.
    Good luck