Thommo Guest

Post Compressor Not turning off on defrost

Hoover Fridge/Freezer, 480lt, quite old, orchid range. Recently fitted an Embraco Compressor FG95HAK. When the defrost timer goes into 'DEFROST' mode, evaporator fan turns off but compressor doesnt. I suspect wiring to be wrong. The panel on the compressor has connections labelled L2, L1, N, Earth, in that order. At the moment I have 2 brown lines (one from mains and one from defrost timer) connected to L2. On L1 I have 0ne black line which I suspect is from thermo. Neutral no problem, two blue from mains and timer. I am confident the timer is ok. Gassing should be ok too. She gets cold but the frost and ice build up due to continuous compressor run.
    WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM???

Re: Compressor Not turning off on defrost

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Hoover Fridge/Freezer, 480lt, quite old, orchid range. Recently fitted an Embraco Compressor FG95HAK. When the defrost timer goes into 'DEFROST' mode, evaporator fan turns off but compressor doesnt. I suspect wiring to be wrong. The panel on the compressor has connections labelled L2, L1, N, Earth, in that order. At the moment I have 2 brown lines (one from mains and one from defrost timer) connected to L2. On L1 I have 0ne black line which I suspect is from thermo. Neutral no problem, two blue from mains and timer. I am confident the timer is ok. Gassing should be ok too. She gets cold but the frost and ice build up due to continuous compressor run.
    WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM???

It sounds like you have the live conected to the comp supply, resulting in the comp running all the time. Re check the conections and make sure your feed from the stat feeds the comp.

Should not be hard just check and swap the lives over.

Cheers taz.

Re: Compressor Not turning off on defrost

Welded contact in the defrost timer? (The previous compressor drew exessive el. current).