To rent or to buy?

I've stuck this in hear as i talking about reclaim cylinders and guess thy are classed as a tool?

My wholesaler has just notched up there prices on there recliam cylinder rental again and i was wondering if i might be better buying one or two and keeping them for the most popular gases i use to avoid mixing them?

Can any body see any problems if i were to do this? Or does anyone know a place that sells them cheep?

Cornered into keeping one at the moment as i got a cracking deal on some 134A (48KGs for 150quid) but they needed the empties back! so ive moved it into a reclaim cylinder untill i use it all!

Just wondering as to other opinions?

Cheers,

Greg

Re: To rent or to buy?

I've got two 10kg bottles i bought from RPW, as often the wholesalers were out of stock of rental ones.
    Then i can transfer it to a rental one when i have enough to send back.

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

We come back to the potential problem of being a "Waste Carrier".

Are you licensed to carry hazardous waste around in your van. If so then carry on, if not.........
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

You can buy your own cylinders from Rabtherm aca R.A.Bennet any size any amount at decent money

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_UK View Post
    We come back to the potential problem of being a "Waste Carrier".

Are you licensed to carry hazardous waste around in your van. If so then carry on, if not.........

*scuttles off to find out about this "Waste Carrier" thing*

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

If I remember correctly..

If you collect hazardous waste from a site ( you have recovered gas from a system but not put it back in again) then you must take it directly to a waste handling site, Climate Center etc.

If you are licensed to carry hazardous waste then you can keep the cylinder on your van until you want to pass it onwards.

If unlicensed then you can only transport that waste directly to your disposal point. In other words if on Monday you've pulled some gas out of a unit your first task on finishing on that site is to dispose of the waste correctly.

You may not leave it on the van while you visit another site for other works etc.

Life's a bitch.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015