Threaded View

Re: Daikin VRV 3 pipe changing mode

Quote Originally Posted by multisync View Post
    Took me 1 1/2 hrs to go 3 miles this afternoon.

We've had rats chew the comms cable in a hotel once and a few of the others here and there. This is a strange one and we can only hope that it holds till Christmas.

The install is only just (and I mean 3 weeks just) 3 years old. It's sad they are failing like this. I won't tell you what the UK facilities Director thinks of Daikin after this and an even worse site up north somewhere....

Just to cheer you back up I am mid swap on a Tosh SHRM: 3 condensers multiplexed and so far in 2 years 3 compressors failed out of 6 !
    Multi,
    How far up north is the other site, you never know I might know it, have these sites lost many compressors? Do you know it they all failled with the same symptoms (seized/down to earth/open circuit)? Were the systems checked after compressors were replaced? Not that we have ever replaced a comp without checking solenoids, EEV’s and thermistors ect
    If you get the time to dig deep enough you can usually find the cause. It might be worth drilling the faulty comp, drain the oil, check oil condition and measure the oil volume (should be 0.8 ~1.5L). It can sometimes give an indication to what’s going on.

I’ve visited various sites where the end user is slating the equipment, when most of the problems encountered were due to install issues; wrong pipe sizes installed, piping over max run length, wrong application, units under sized (usually by a consultant wearing a Teflon coat), refnets positioned vertically, crossed piping, crossed wiring, recirc of air flows, debris in pipe work, no OFN used when brazing, bad set up commissioning…………..

I’m not saying this is the case on your problem sites or manufactures never have problems with unit components, software and things but they do seem to get blamed no matter why the problems have occurred.

Are your Tosh units still under warranty? Could you not complain to them and requested they send an engineer to check the unit (it always helps if you have an order pending for leverage)
    Last edited by VRVIII; 22-12-2009 at 12:05 AM.