Thread: C & g 2078

C & g 2078

Does anyone know how long this qualification is valid for?
    A new engineer at my companyt took his in 2003 and was told it was valid for 10 years (obviously its not valid after 2011 under Fgas)
    Thanks

Re: C & g 2078

Quote Originally Posted by mad-dawg View Post
    A new engineer at my companyt took his in 2003 and was told it was valid for 10 years (obviously its not valid after 2011 under Fgas)
    Thanks

On paper it lasts for life.

It will be superceded by the 2079.

So in answer to your question it will last untill

JULY 2011.

After then the 2079 and CITB jo11 will be the only qual that you can have.

Cheers taz

Quote Originally Posted by mad-dawg View Post
    Thanks

"Let me tell you a story"

It all started with ozone depletion.

So back in the 80's they brought out the 2077 which trained people on the effects of ozone depletion and good safe refigerant handling.

Then as hydrocarbons (HC's) became more widespread the 2077 was modified to alow for HC's and their safe usage and the 2078 was developed. This included global warming.

What with global warming and all the new requirements, 2079 was introduced to bring the standard even higher.

CITB always required reassessment every 3 years (now 5 yearly) because it's core base was the construction industry, City & Guilds is on paper a life time qualification, but in practis it has been updated from the

2077 to the 2078 to the 2079 over the last 20 odd years or so.

Cheers taz.

Thanks Taz 24
    I now know more than I did before so that is quite a lot cos I knew nowt before.

Quote Originally Posted by taz24 View Post
    "Let me tell you a story"

It all started with ozone depletion.

So back in the 80's they brought out the 2077 which trained people on the effects of ozone depletion and good safe refigerant handling.

Then as hydrocarbons (HC's) became more widespread the 2077 was modified to alow for HC's and their safe usage and the 2078 was developed. This included global warming.

What with global warming and all the new requirements, 2079 was introduced to bring the standard even higher.

CITB always required reassessment every 3 years (now 5 yearly) because it's core base was the construction industry, City & Guilds is on paper a life time qualification, but in practis it has been updated from the

2077 to the 2078 to the 2079 over the last 20 odd years or so.

Cheers taz.

C'mon, please tell me you mugs aint stupid enough to fall for this sh1t...

Seriously, does anyone really buy into Global Warming as anything other than a load of bollocks cynically designed to keep people scared in order to raise more and more easy revenue from the plebs?

Next, you'll be telling me you believe the Swine Flu virus is for real and that Glaxo are a benevolent company who have all our best interests at heart....

If you think I'm just a gobby, misguided Cnt, someone please quote me the UK LAW that compels refrig engineers to have a 2079 (or any other) certificate by 2011...

ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
    Ozone-Depleting Substances (Qualifications) Regulations 2009
    Made 4th February 2009
    Laid before Parliament 11th February 2009
    Coming into force 9th March 2009

The Secretary of State is a Minister designated for the purposes of section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972 in relation to the environment, and makes these Regulations in exercise of the powers conferred by that section.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Parliament SIs 2000-Present/2009/201-250/Ozone-Depleting Substances (Qualifications) Regulations 2009 (SI 2009/216)/SCHEDULE 1 Table of Minimum Qualifications

SCHEDULE 1

TABLE OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

Regulations 3(a) and 6(5)

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Tasks Equipment Minimum Qualification
    Servicing and maintenance of equipment. Refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment which is stationary at all times when in operation. (a) City & Guilds Certifi-cate in Handling Refrigerants Scheme 2078.
    Commercial and domestic refrigerators and freezers which are stationary at all times when in operation. (b) Construction Industry Training Board Safe Handling of Refrigerants (J01).
    Portable refrigeration, air con-ditioning and heat pump equipment. (c) City & Guilds Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations Scheme 2079-11: Category I or 2079-12: Cate-gory II.
    (d) Construction Industry Training Board Safe Handling of Refrigerants J11: Category I or J12: Category II.
    Dismantling of equipment. Refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment-- (a) City & Guilds Certifi-cate in Handling Refrigerants Scheme 2078.
    (a) which is stationary at all times when in operation; and (b) Construction Industry Training Board Safe Handling of Refrigerants (J01).
    (b) which can only be dismantled at the place at which the equipment is used. (c) City & Guilds Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations Scheme 2079-11: Category I, 2079-12: Category II or 2079-13: Category III.
    (d) Construction Industry Training Board Safe Handling of Refrigerants J11: Category I, J12: Category II or J13: Category III.
    Decommissioning of equipment. Fire protection systems and fire extinguishers. (a) British Fire Protection Systems Association Compe-tence Certificate Course Class I.
    (b) Fire Industry Compe-tence Certificate Course Class 1.

NOTES

Initial Commencement

Specified date

Specified date: 9 March 2009: see reg 1(b).
    Last edited by Abe; 04-01-2010 at 01:10 AM.
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Ozone-Depleting Substances (Qualifications) Regulations 2009

LNB News 16/02/2009 14

Published Date
    16 February 2009

Jurisdiction
    England; Scotland; Wales

Enactment Citation
    SI 2009/216

Commencement date
    9 March 2009

Legislation Affected
    SI 2006/1510, SI 2008/97 revoked

Enabling Power
    European Communities Act 1972, s 2(2)

Abstract

SI 2009/216: New minimum qualifications for working with fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gases)

Summary
    Revokes and replaces the Ozone Depleting Substances (Qualifications) Regulations 2006, as amended by the Ozone Depleting Substances (Qualifications) (Amendment) Regulations 2008, and in so doing continues to give effect to provisions of Council Regulation 2037/2000/EC on substances that deplete the ozone layer, which relate to minimum qualifications for those working on the recovery, recycling, reclamation or destruction of controlled substances and the prevention and minimising of leakages of controlled substances.
    Updates the minimum qualifications that had been set out in the legislation revoked and replaced, in order to take account of changes made by the Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations 2009.
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

Thanks, Abe, but you've copied and pasted varying extracts of statutes and acts.

Statutes and Acts are not law.

Anyone else?

As we are part of the EC Regulations are law
    Pse see this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...ity_regulation

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    As we are part of the EC Regulations are law
    Pse see this link

No, mate. Statutes and acts only have the force of law and only then if consented to by the governed (us).

I'm not a lawyer, but if you do the research you'll find that I'm right.

As a starting point, rather than looking at WikiP for information,take a look at the 8th edition of Blacks Law, which is online in PDF format.

If you want something a little less taxing on the eye (and of your time) have a look at tpuc.org and check out some of the video's.

If you have an open and quetioning mind, you will be enlightened, I promise;-)

Im going to have a look at both resources and revert back

I had a quick look, heavy stuff I must add, its not something I expected , but never mind, as you say its " enlightening" !

I guess Im a simple guy and I follow the normal rule book taught to me in law school and in practice. Can you imagine me standing up in court and saying to the learned Judge,

" Your Honour , according to the tpuc. org..........."

Blacks Law, Ive not come across, but it seems authoritative, Im not sure.

Nope, our Bible in the Court are the Civil Procedure Rules, Statute, Common Law, EC Law......Precedent...

I have not come across the tpuc school of thought, but intresting nevertheless and I shall, when time allows delve into it again.

Thank you for your information in this regard. Im of the opinion however, that its not going to wash though, but who knows, good luck !!

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I had a quick look, heavy stuff I must add, its not something I expected , but never mind, as you say its " enlightening" !

I guess Im a simple guy and I follow the normal rule book taught to me in law school and in practice. Can you imagine me standing up in court and saying to the learned Judge,

" Your Honour , according to the tpuc. org..........."

Blacks Law, Ive not come across, but it seems authoritative, Im not sure.

Nope, our Bible in the Court are the Civil Procedure Rules, Statute, Common Law, EC Law......Precedent...

I have not come across the tpuc school of thought, but intresting nevertheless and I shall, when time allows delve into it again.

Thank you for your information in this regard. Im of the opinion however, that its not going to wash though, but who knows, good luck !!
    LOL;-)

I'm assuming some of you may be slightly interested in finding out a bit of what I'm on about, if so, please see further ramblings below..

I think it all comes down to Common Law - ie; the law of the land - vs - Statutes and acts, which can only be pinned on corporations. (you, as a 'legal' person, are a corporation in law, and that is the only reason why courts can act on you as a 'person')

Blacks Law is the legal system bible, btw. It exposes the game the legal industry dont want the rest of us to be able to play. Fascinating and informative would be an understatement!

Common Law Basics are:

Cause no harm, loss or distress - lawful.

Cause harm, loss or distress - unlawful - expect to get punished. Quite right too!

UK Common law is underpinned by Magna carta and the bill of rights. The EU can not over rule it. Period.

Rhetorical question for you, but how is not having a piece of paper with '2078' written on it, causing anyone harm, loss or distress? Think about it.

Like I said, if you take time out and look at it with an open mind, all of a sudden the lightbulb goes on in your head and you realise that what we take as given when it comes to law, govenment and so-called mandatory licences to work, is complete bullsh1t, designed to fleece us and to keep us quiet.

I'll still pick up the 2078 ticket as I'm not well versed enough myself - yet - to be confident enough to challenge anyone seeking to drag me into court for not having one.

When I am though, I'll take great pleasure in standing up to 'authority':-)

Hope you guys are all managing to turn a buck or two in 2010

The legal aspect of 2078/2079 is pretty irrelevant.

Simple fact is, once 2079 comes into force next year wholesalers/merchants won't sell you any gas without it.

For those of us who do Mobile A/C, there is another qualification we can use - C&G 5101 which is replacing C&G 6048. 5101 includes a module on safe handling which can be taken seperately from the full course.

My problem now is, the local training Co. is booked solid all year for 2079, and aren't offering 5101.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The legal aspect of 2078/2079 is pretty irrelevant.
    If the legal aspect is irrelevant, why bother wasting your time and money getting the ticket then?

I'm sure most, if not all posters on this forum already have a brazing and safe handling qualification of some description, and in their heart of hearts know damn well that the latest one wont greatly increase their base knowledge, if at all.

If the authorities cant (or wont) enforce it, its just another tax raising excercise - in other words; Bollox!

Quote Originally Posted by andychill View Post
    If the authorities cant (or wont) enforce it, its just another tax raising excercise - in other words; Bollox!
    Preeeeeeecisely.

The authorities haven't got the manpower to enforce it, so they threaten wholesalers/merchants with massive fines if they don't enforce it for them.