AEG Santo 70348 KG - fridge not colling correctly

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have an AEG Santo 70348 KG and last night the fridge started to rise in temp. It is set to 4 degrees but got up too 8, the freezer is working just fine and holding at -18 and putting on fast freeze it quickly drops to -22.

i only completely defrosted the freezer about 3 weeks ago so theres still very little ice build up. I've checked the fridge door seal and its fine and cleaned the water drain hole and i've also removed all the dust from round the appliance.

I really hope someone has a suggestion because its Sunday there isnt much I can do today and I have a new born and dont want his milk to warm up too much.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Re: AEG Santo 70348 KG - fridge not colling correctly

also forgive my spelling of cooling, i've been up for a while with said child

Quote Originally Posted by daniel3v6 View Post
    Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have an AEG Santo 70348 KG and last night the fridge started to rise in temp. It is set to 4 degrees but got up too 8, the freezer is working just fine and holding at -18 and putting on fast freeze it quickly drops to -22.

i only completely defrosted the freezer about 3 weeks ago so theres still very little ice build up. I've checked the fridge door seal and its fine and cleaned the water drain hole and i've also removed all the dust from round the appliance.

I really hope someone has a suggestion because its Sunday there isnt much I can do today and I have a new born and dont want his milk to warm up too much.

Kind Regards,

Daniel
    Hello Daniel

I'm sorry to say I'm not familar with your fridge, or domestics in general.

If the same compressor refrigerates both chill and freezer (Indicated by one black pot only under the fridge) you either have a board/ thermostat fault or most likley a blockage in the duct from the freezer to the fridge.

I'm assuming that your fridge works by allowing the cold air into the chill from the freezer.

My advise is to defrost your freezer and check for ice and this duct I'm on about.

Others may be of more assistance to you.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

i've checked the back of the fridge and there are 2 "black pots" which I assume are compressors. On this model fridge/freezer you can independently turn off the fridge or freezer, I turned off the freezer and its still making noise and it does cool slightly but not enough to get it cold.

There was a slight bit of frost in the fridge so I turned it off and let it defrost and when that had finished turned it back on. After defrosting it was showing 15 degrees and has managed to get down to 10 but thats taken hours.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but does the compressor use gas? could it need regassing like an aircon system?

Quote Originally Posted by daniel3v6 View Post
    i've checked the back of the fridge and there are 2 "black pots" which I assume are compressors. On this model fridge/freezer you can independently turn off the fridge or freezer, I turned off the freezer and its still making noise and it does cool slightly but not enough to get it cold.

There was a slight bit of frost in the fridge so I turned it off and let it defrost and when that had finished turned it back on. After defrosting it was showing 15 degrees and has managed to get down to 10 but thats taken hours.

Forgive my lack of knowledge but does the compressor use gas? could it need regassing like an aircon system?
    Hello Daniel

It doesn't use gas, but it can leak some. Also sometimes a blockage can cause the same effect.
    I think you will need someone to check the refrigerant charge and to see if the compressor is pumping.

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

Thanks Andy, I actually left the fridge off and open all night then powered it back up and now it seems ok. Think you could have been right about a blockage somewhere. Hopefully that will be the end of it.

Thanks again for the quick replies,

Kind Regards,

Daniel

It's happened again, the fridge has gone up to 7 degrees and will not go any lower. This time I defrosted the fridge and freezer for 48 hours just in case there was any ice blockages but its still the same. Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel