Amana XRSS287BB dead

Hi. I've got a customer with one of these that has not worked since they bought it.. The power is on , at first I heard a fairly constant clicking from the back board. The compressor and fan are not running. I can not change temp settings on front panel (-23 and 0c)all though customer said when they bought it (at auction) you could adjust temp setting. The clicking eventually stopped but still no life in comp and fan. Checked power to compressor and there is a live but no nuetral. The evaporater fan is on so it's in cooling mode but not getting a neutral to the compressor and condenser fan. I'm assuming it must be one or both of the boards but not so experienced with these. Any ideas?

appliancedude Guest

Re: Amana XRSS287BB dead

I don't know how different the fridges are between the states and uk, but I've found bad neutral connections on the molex plug down by the board in the back twice. Both times when the molex connector was pluged on, it pushed out the neutral wire. One of our other techs found a broken neutral wire down by the compressor. Check your wiring for continuity. Good luck

Is it a SBDE model, press the bottom button and the 3rd one from the bottom, on the fridge door, the compressor and cond fan should come on together, this will tell you if the compressor is working.
    hope this helps

Sorry its a XRSS287BB, you need to get the engineer manual, and go through the test its quite easy, get a fly lead straight to the compressor thats one way of testing the compressor i have the manual if you need it, good luck