Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wayden Guest

lifestyle

if you want a life work at reasonable companies.you cant put a price on family. everyone needs to see there kids growing up

wayden Guest

Re: SPACE - All change again

the lifestyle you talk about was abolished by wilberforce.i like to see my kids.

wayden Guest

seems to me our lifestyles are going back to the twenties.people fought for better working conditions ,this includes liesure time. i want to see my family grow up.If it carries on like this people will leave the trade and young people wont want to be in it.then who will fix things .

So mark whats happening at space then . please tell us .

[quote=wayden;170342]seems to me our lifestyles are going back to the twenties.people fought for better working conditions ,this includes liesure time. i want to see my family grow up.If it carries on like this people will leave the trade and young people wont want to be in it.then who will fix things .

if your at space and dont like it then get the hell out . and try to get sumthing better to suit you . me myself want to work long hours and make lots of money but thats just me . i dont expect to get pad loads if ya dont put in the hours
    Last edited by tony--1; 14-12-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Tell you what reading this thread, all you supermarket guys are a right bunch of jessies.

Get a grip, If you don't like the conditions and contracts you are offered, move into the real world where iPAC's, pensions, sick pay etc are not offered.

If you hadn't noticed the country is in recession, you should be grateful you have jobs to go to.

What exactly is your problems?, you get asked to actually do some work during your employed hours?

Stop whining and get the job done.

I used to subbie to a company where all the "engineers" whined about not getting paid enough for what they "did", so the company asked them how much per hour they wanted. Each employee was given the exact hourly rate they asked for..........then their vans were fitted with trackers.........thieving tossers lost about a third of their wages each.

Eggs

One thing i can not comprehend is this.

All you supermarket engineers whining about pay and conditions, why not take advantage of the current opportunities available to good fridge men?

ie, the opportunities now available to good fridge men to commission and trouble shoot air sourced heat pumps to the commercial heating sector are growing by the day, so why not set yourselves up in business and earn what you are truly worth?

Eggs

What is wrong with the friendly question, Brian.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven.miles3 View Post
    The question below is for. Mark Woods
    Space Engineering Services
    Service and Maintenance Director<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hi Mark, I got told off by Brian the admi man for asking you a friendly question, sorry if you found it offensive.
    Glad to see you still carry your tools with you, I do the same thing, as you say 'old habits and all that' I won't bother posting again, as I just seem to get into trouble.
    All the best Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemanmark View Post
    Yes mate, I was a Engineer, Supervisor and a Commissioning Engineer, still carry my kit in the boot of the car, old habbits and and that. ;-).

Mark

way the go eggs

Sorry to go on about this, but it really gets my back up.

Last week on the same site I was working on, there were three Vans and five "engineers" from what I think is a large company, Capital Cooling.

Three hours I watched them smoking, eating, chatting and leaning on the van from my site office window, £15 x 5 x 3 = £225. Who pays for this?

No wonder there is no money for pay rises when the employees put in effort like this. They must cost the shareholders a fortune, sack the lot of 'em and get the Poles in.

Eggs

Quote Originally Posted by eggs View Post

Last week on the same site I was working on, there were three Vans and five "engineers" from what I think is a large company, Capital Cooling.

Three hours I watched them smoking, eating, chatting and leaning on the van from my site office window, £15 x 5 x 3 = £225. Who pays for this?

No wonder there is no money for pay rises when the employees put in effort like this. They must cost the shareholders a fortune, sack the lot of 'em and get the Poles in.

Eggs
    just a little . lol

If anyone has become demotivated with refrigeration, you could always retrain and move up to a more technically advanced industry, such as air conditioning for example.

Cheers
    Tutto il Mondo e un Paese

Three hours I watched them
    Eggs

Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by El Padre View Post
    If anyone has become demotivated with refrigeration, you could always retrain and move up to a more technically advanced industry, such as air conditioning for example.

Cheers

hahahaha needed a good laugh thx

Quote Originally Posted by tony--1 View Post
    hahahaha needed a good laugh thx
    Just trying to lighten things up a bit, it is Christmas after all

Cheers
    Tutto il Mondo e un Paese

HI eggs i know the owner of capital cooling veiws these threads reguarly so post the name of the site you seen them and something will be done!

its comments like that , that led to this country being in the state its in. get the poles out ! get a points system like austrailia ,america etc, i speak for most working class people i know , we dont want all these foriegners here.say no to the EU !

chillermanuk Guest

Just left with the feeling that after all these kind of posts no one will end up working for the company and the company will find it hard to find decent engineers.

Remember if a good engineer on £20.00 fixes it in an hour, and an apprentice on £6.00 an hour takes all day- whos cheaper??

Sometimes it is cheaper to employ good engineers. ( I tell myself this every Friday when I pay my engineers!!!!!!)

hi chillerman are looking for engineers in scotland for £20 a hour i will work for you

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    hi chillerman are looking for engineers in scotland for £20 a hour i will work for you

Yeah me too

Eggs
    This is absolute , scientific , proof that kids break up from school, far to early ....................!
    Last edited by julius Geezer; 16-12-2009 at 01:40 AM.

tiptop Guest

what about the engineers you kicked over to r/j under tupe?
    r/j stated that they will not except all of them weeks before hand? is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by julius Geezer View Post
    This is absolute , scientific , proof that kids break up from school, far to early ....................!
    To be honest i MUST agree, I have worked for cappy before for 3-4 years am must admit they take on pritty much take anyone on, From production workers to domestic engineers to dole punters.

I did enjoy them very much soo but i had to train many Donuts so to speak.

They seem too have soo much work that i think that some1 must be ****ging some high ranked twat:lol:

hi craig i also know of guys who have worked there and your right, If you have a driving liecence and can talk you will get a job, i also know of many shop owners who have bought there products and when it breaks down it takes about 3 visits to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhibby1875 View Post
    hi craig i also know of guys who have worked there and your right, If you have a driving liecence and can talk you will get a job, i also know of many shop owners who have bought there products and when it breaks down it takes about 3 visits to get it fixed.

Yeah they are bad for it i must admit. I also know of one site in edinburgh that will remain nameless.

They bought a maryap (i call them marycrap) serve-over and within about 3 weeks the first compressor went, then a week later the evaperator split, then an other compressor went by this time the customer wasnt best pleased so they changed the whole counter out.

An other 3-4 weeks later the compressor went again. If i remember right i think they changed the cabinets 3 times.

Thats was the first batch of equipment and to be fair they did get better eventually. I suppose its just down to getting to know whats good and whats not.

I recently worked on there new (just out of warranty) multidecks and they seem not to bad for what they are.

In the Frig Game forty odd years Mark never heard of you which Company did you work for

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Beeby View Post
    In the Frig Game forty odd years Mark never heard of you which Company did you work for
    Who are you talking too??

Coolest Sparky Guest

The grass may been greener on the other side but whatever side you are on it still have to cut.

I work for Space have 2 kids and 1 on the way, so I hope they make it through these hard times.

In our area the shift has worked very well because the engineer's all work hard and do a proper job. This has given us the time to see our family, ride motor bikes and clean the helicopter.

Back to the main point of the thread, changes! The changes are not good at all but instead of moaning I called 2 of the Directors and now a resolve has been agreed.

What are we going to moan about now? (apart from my spelling and punctuation)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolest Sparky View Post
    The grass may been greener on the other side but whatever side you are on it still have to cut.

I work for Space have 2 kids and 1 on the way, so I hope they make it through these hard times.

In our area the shift has worked very well because the engineer's all work hard and do a proper job. This has given us the time to see our family, ride motor bikes and clean the helicopter.

Back to the main point of the thread, changes! The changes are not good at all but instead of moaning I called 2 of the Directors and now a resolve has been agreed.

What are we going to moan about now? (apart from my spelling and punctuation)
    Hi,

i'm ex space and yes the grass is greener, i hope it all works out ok for you as the engineers and their families will be the only ones that suffer and thats wrong.

j.j.

i lost my apprenticeship back in october, and id applied to space several times, so it there no point applying again this year then? as it doesnt sound like theyd be taking apprentices on?

One thing i can not comprehend is this.

All you supermarket engineers whining about pay and conditions, why not take advantage of the current opportunities available to good fridge men?

ie, the opportunities now available to good fridge men to commission and trouble shoot air sourced heat pumps to the commercial heating sector are growing by the day, so why not set yourselves up in business and earn what you are truly worth?

Eggs
    Hi Eggs, this reply has nothing to do with space, but your comment about the ASHP market. Do you know of any manufacturers looking for subbies to undertake this work??

Bring back Nrc at least they look after you

Quote Originally Posted by eurocooling View Post
    Bring back Nrc at least they look after you
    all for that as long as they stay away from designing things, as there packs are pish!

Steve spear still there ???

Quote Originally Posted by frozenfingers View Post
    Steve spear still there ???
    Nope.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12