Hi guys.

Im strictly a customer here and my unit is still under warrenty. The issue I have is that this unit is 2yrs 3months old and as of last night it has again broken down for the second time. This time 10 or so months from the last repair. Last time it was fixed I was simply told it was the indoor unit PCB. 2 weeks in the Australian summer for it to be fixed. Last night it was still 26deg outside when the aircon failed.

As with the last incident the timer light flashes 3 times every 12 seconds. Whenever I issue a command via the remote (change temp) the operation light flashes very quickly 5 times (a bit hard to count its so fast) and the timer light flashes 4 times. It does this once than reverts back to timer light 3 times every 12 seconds. i should note that this sequence is the same sequence from the first repair. I can only deduce its the same problem.

Luckily for me the indoor fan still works. It helps to evaporate the sweat dripping off of me when the aircon breaks down. I have two other units that are panasonics and they have not given me any trouble.

Really the biggest issue I have is that this unit is proving to be a dud. The unit has a 5yr warrenty but im not interested in haveing it repaired 4 times and then failing a fifth out of warrenty. This is a moot point anyway. I should not have to put up with this downtime. I bought this unit under the assumption that Fujitsu sold a high quality product. 1 repair I can live with, 2 in 2yrs is unacceptable and when the time comes the third will be the last.

As people who work in the industry, Im asking you what would you consider to be an acceptable number of repairs on a unit before the manufacturer replaces the entire unit with a new model. Im not interested in have it repaired when the same fault will almost certainly reappear. Im going to speak with Fuji tomorrow (public holiday today) and ask for repairer numbers and also gauge their response to my concerns.

I would also like to point out that all my units were installed by the same company who came highly recommended and I have no qualms about their work. Im happy to pay for a quality product and more than happy to pay for quality installation. In this particular case the install was over 60% of the unit cost.

Your thoughts please... And if anyone knows what the fault would be from the flashing lights that would be great as well.