Hybrid View

rick Guest

Question Daikin a/c units.

Greetings all.
    I supply and install a lot of Daikin a/c units and find them a very good unit in many ways from operation to technical backup.Daikin have dealer network in Victoria(Aust) and dont sell through major department stores.Just interested in others comments on the units.

(Mainly install domestic and light commercial.)

Re: Daikin a/c units.

i'd sell them evertime if i could.
    they are a joy to work on.
    unfortunatly, most of my customers don't see past the bottom line and reject the price for this top quality kit.

cheers

eggs

rick Guest

Smile Re: Daikin a/c units.

Thanks for the comments.I definetely agree.Tell me do they have a dealer network over there or can you buy them anywhere.?
    In response to your comments eggs same problem here now too.Cheap imports flooding the market.Backup support for this cheap trash almost non existant.

Eggs is right, ooops, so is Marc!

The world is flooded with cheap small AC splits and most people are only looking at the price.

But, as I look at all those cheap splits, I didnt see any problems with them in the past 3 years.

So maybe they are cheap if the will keep on working without problems in the next 3 years, then it was a good deal.

Over here you can buy a 2.5 KW mini split for US$ 285.

Chemi

this post is going over into my other "cheap imports" post.
    i am now of the opinion if you cant beat them join them.

chemi, i'm now looking @ $139.5 for a small split 2.3kw.

As far as the daikin thing goes.
    they only sell their products direct (excep space air)to the qualified companies and they seem to be particular who installs their product.
    their aftersales backup is first class, although i havn't needed to use it much.

cheers

eggs

They cost to manufacture in China, US$80, more or less.

Its not worth fixing if something goes wrong.

Chemi

Quote Originally Posted by eggs
    ....they only sell their products direct (excep space air)to the qualified companies and they seem to be particular who installs their product.
    their aftersales backup is first class, although i havn't needed to use it much...Cheers
    In Belgium - were the European factory is located - they (DAIKIN!!) started last year with selling via supermarkets wall splits direct to the end user.
    In the box is some sort of voucher whereby the client can contact some installers in his region. After installing, the client signs the voucher and the installer send the voucher back to Daikin.
    He then receives +/- 400 €. For this amount, he has to install the unit, deliver the copper lines (max 15 ft), electrical lines, power supply , brackets,.... labor and he has to give also 2 years warranty on his labor.
    Is this a good practice? We stopped installing Daikin after they asked us if we wanna join this system.

The best units??? At a client in Ostend (+/- 1 mile from Daikin, for those who know the highway along Daikin, the KODAK factory, in the same street) - so nearby the sea - , we had client with a complete corroded condenser coil (the fins) on a +/- 4 year old unit. The argument of Daikin was "well, of course , that's due to the salty environment in Ostend"

But besides the DAIKIN's stood some Carriers - they were +/- 15 years old - and their condensers had no corrosion at all.
    A second time, we had a broken compressor and it took +/- 3 days before they delivered the compressor. The compressor only had to travel 1 mile from the factory to our client.

We needed to install afterward new units for new production lines and client decided to install rooftop Carriers (you can see them along the highway on the roof Marc), never Daikin anymore.

peter
    Last edited by Peter_1; 25-11-2004 at 07:26 PM.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by eggs
    i'd sell them evertime if i could.
    they are a joy to work on.
    unfortunatly, most of my customers don't see past the bottom line and reject the price for this top quality kit.

cheers

eggs
    so!!!! i mostly fit LG , and by god it's good! easy to work on, reliable and well priced. as you say "you become familiar with it" or words to that effect.
    what does everybody else use most of ? and why?
    the reason i chose LG was, when i was setting up business, ONLY Thermfrost helped and took me by the hand, give me unconditional support. it had nothing to do with the kit, it's just what thermo happened to sell.

cheers eggs

I sell two brands...........

LG which is simple, clean , not tacky, smacks of a Japanese brand...........and once youre familiar with it, easy to install.

LG's fall down on technical manuals ( non existant) if you have a prob you need to call technical guys at cryo or hawco...........who WILL help you out ( Thanks Peter Canning at Cryo) he is good

LG constantly hark on about their state of the art training centre in Milan....exploit marketing PR on the subject, but never back it up with action. They cant even organise a coffee morning somewhere local where an LG technical bod can give a presentation on LG troubleshooting techniques.

Had some probs with their R407C stuff...........I would never install another of their R407C systems again............nor anyone elses for that matter

Mitshubishi

I like the Mitsu , prob because Mitsu...........( Bison in the old days) 3 D now take the trouble to market themselves and push the stuff

I have had little trouble with the Mitsu stuff, Some cassettes I installed 15 years ago are still working today.

Im hearing a lot of stuff about Daikin............Im intrigued.....maybe I ought to look and study prices etc.......

Who sells Daikin??????
    Any opinions, statements and facts expressed in this message do not constitute legal advice in any shape or form and is given for a general outlook in nature. You are advised to seek appropriate and specific professional assistance from a regulated and authorised advisor for definitive advice.

hi there all

had a bit of fun with a daiken inverter pack at a store in cambridge had to change the compressor that went ok bur on r22 tried regas in vapour as the tech help line suggested i might as well as !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pulled out all the gas threww it in as liquid and bobs your uncle it works a treat anyone come across this before ??????????

alyanna17 Guest

Smile Re: Daikin a/c units.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    Greetings all.
    I supply and install a lot of Daikin a/c units and find them a very good unit in many ways from operation to technical backup.Daikin have dealer network in Victoria(Aust) and dont sell through major department stores.Just interested in others comments on the units.

(Mainly install domestic and light commercial.)

Hello Rick,

My name is Alyanna. I am new here. I am very much interested on this forum. I am into air conditioning industry. And I noticed that you are correct that based on my findings, Daikin is one of the top manufacturers for Air conditioning.

Could you guys give your ideas on how Daikin is going in the industry? In which regions are they most located? What functions are placed outside of their headquarters?

Many thanks guys!!!

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Quote Originally Posted by alyanna17 View Post
    Could you guys give your ideas on how Daikin is going in the industry? In which regions are they most located? What functions are placed outside of their headquarters?

Many thanks guys!!!
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you go to any of the Daikin websites you will be able to find the answers to your questions.
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015