buddogdy Guest

Unhappy Please dont all run and hide but I have a SAMSUNG!

Hi Guys
    New here so bear with me!

OK ....for my sins I have a Samsung side by side (very old model sr-s2026cvw approx 10 years old).Never caused us any troubles really,had the compressor changed a few years back and since then trouble free until a few weeks back.

The freezer was getting warmer inside although when you pressed the door switch in you could hear everything start up but there was little in the way of cold air coming out the vents.
    Had a guy in who took the evap off and as you all know the back was just encased in a slab of ice. Anyhow this guy defrosted it and said it was the heater which he would change along with the sensor.

Great worked well for a couple of weeks(.....why does this sound like every other Samsung) then, yes,yes you`ve all guessed it same happened again!
    Back the guy came defrosted it again,muttered something about having not put the heater/sensor in the right place ( ...hmmm..) and went on his way.
    Great worked well for a couple of weeks...again.
    Then same again ,guy came back said what he had done was working ok and would come back with some gauges to see if it needed to be topped up with gas(!!)

Anyway never saw HIM again .In the meantime the fan in the fridge started making a row ,took the evap cover off in fridge and that too was all iced up and the fan was hitting the ice so defrosted that and sorted that out ( for the time being anyway)
    Got the hairdryer on the ice in the freezer too to get it defrosted just to get the dame thing going again for a bit.
    Now I gather this is one of those that blows the cold air into the fridge so do I take it that the ice build up in the fridge was to do with the freezer playing up?
    Also any idea on what could be wrong with the freezer as the guy defo changed the part ....I watched him do it.
    Is it worth giving something a shot or is it time to dig deep ( very deep at the mo) and buy a new f/f?

Please help if anyone can....nothing too techy please ,i`m only a MUM
    Cheers.

Re: Please dont all run and hide but I have a SAMSUNG!

Ok your already onto the reasons why, trusty fridge man appears to have proved its not the heater or the safety clicson, so that leaves the defrost timer i guess.
    Problem for you is that your fault is most likly of an electrical nature so its a no go area for Mum.

You need to find a competant fridge man that stands by his work.

buddogdy Guest

Re: Please dont all run and hide but I have a SAMSUNG!

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the reply AUcooler.
    So could be the timer.....any idea where the part is located within the f/f?
    I take it that its not a clip fitting component and would need to be soldered on?
    Does anyone know where they can be purchased in the UK,have searched on the Samsung site,Currys part master,Ebay and a few others and nothing is showing.Will a timer from a more recent model fit does anyone know?

Also found these people...REPAIRCARE,they do a fixed price repair including parts and labour,you can get a quote online and book online too.Will do ours for £100.00.Anyone ever used them ,seems a bit too good to be true....i mean what if it was a compressor job,samsung are selling them for over £200 on their site.