Arrow Cold Room Dead Spots and thermometer readings

Hi recently while commissioning some cold rooms, i noticed that where the sensing bulb of the dial thermometer sits, there is little or no airflow, it was reading 7 deg c. the client requires their product to be at 2 deg C. On my digital therm which i positioned on the floor in the room, i managed to get a rading of 1.9 deg C. Can you tel me where one should optimally position dial thermometers to achieve a more accurate reading.

Re: Cold Room Dead Spots and thermometer readings

Hi

The sensor of the Mechanical thermometer should be mounted on the back at the highest point measuring the return air.Was the coldroom fully stocked ?Place your thermometer next to the Mechanical sensor and check how accurate it is.

Regards B

the room wasnt stocked, sensor was to the right of the evaporator on the wall running perpendicular to the evaporator

Hi

I would say all is ok,check the probe with your digital thermometer.With the coldroom empty the cold air will sink and as soon as the door is open the cold air leaves .leaving warm air sitting on top where probe is.The coldroom really needs to be stocked.If the evap air on/off temps are good the mechanical probe will read more accurate with stock in there.

Cheers Bernard