Danfoss water valve

Hi everyone.
    I recently installed a water chiller to cool a solvent reclaimer, trouble is the machine was originally cooled on a total loss basis (costing my customer over £2000 p/a for water) so the condensor pressure was simply controlled by regulating in inlet water flow via a Danfoss WVFX valve.
    The situation now is that with the chiller and reclaim m/c running the Danfoss valve will be shut until the head pressure rises enough to open it. Until it opens the chiller pump will be pumping against a dead end.
    I`m going to install a bypass but I need to shut the bypass off as the head pressure rises to force the water through the condensor.
    Now here`s the question: Can I reverse the operation of the valve ie it closes on rising pressure? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it`s possible but I`m dammed it I can find it now.

Many thanks guys

Re: Danfoss water valve

As far as pump protection you only need a minimum flow, install a permenent small orifce (a piece of 1/4" tube) as a by-pass or if you want to go fancy a pressure relief valve, pretty standard in the heating game.

Blog Entries

it should not take that much time to open valve .you have to pay more money if you pump is always on , put timer on your system fist your pump comes on then your system with minimum flow as same as mad told or put trottle valve parallel with Wvfx valve
    By putting this valve with timer and adjusting this valve you solve every thing even it give you time to operate you wvfx valve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenn1340 View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I recently installed a water chiller to cool a solvent reclaimer, trouble is the machine was originally cooled on a total loss basis (costing my customer over £2000 p/a for water) so the condensor pressure was simply controlled by regulating in inlet water flow via a Danfoss WVFX valve.
    The situation now is that with the chiller and reclaim m/c running the Danfoss valve will be shut until the head pressure rises enough to open it. Until it opens the chiller pump will be pumping against a dead end.
    I`m going to install a bypass but I need to shut the bypass off as the head pressure rises to force the water through the condensor.
    Now here`s the question: Can I reverse the operation of the valve ie it closes on rising pressure? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it`s possible but I`m dammed it I can find it now.

Many thanks guys
    You simply install this valve in bypass and adjust minimum required flow for your pump.

Cheers guys, a good couple of suggestions there.
    As always this is the place to come for answers.
    Now to my next question, anyone know what tomorrows winng lottery numbers will be

might be off the wall here but i think that the wvfx valve should be mounted on the out let of the condensor ...this will mean that the condensor is allways full of water and by the time that takes to heat up your valve will be open.... might save you a lot of hassle also eliminating the chance of air in your water side

Brian_UK is offline Moderator I am starting to push the Mods: of RE Site Moderator : and general nice guy

Or this automatic bypass valve from Honeywell which can be bought through Plumb Center etc.

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/home....1%20DU145.pdf
    Brian - Newton Abbot, Devon, UK
    Retired March 2015

Blog Entries

Dear little
    no it should be in inlet water