xact Guest

dehumidification

I am looking for some prety basic info about mechanical dehumidification by liquid cooled coils.
    I guess what I am after is how do I achive the greatest amount of dehumidification in a unit that has a fresh air/recerc damper/preheat coil/cooling coil and reheat coil.

My train of thought is to bring the cooling as low as possible while reheating the air to a set temprature. My problem I think is the return air is around 60 and the cooling coil is only able to reach 43F in and around 55F out.
    Is it correct to assum I would only be able to achive a maximum RH of around 50%?
    any thoughts

Re: dehumidification

That would be a minimum RH and a 33-deg Metal Temperature (evap tubes) on a 45 Deg Outlet Air Temperature from the cooling Coil will be just under 50% Relative Humidity....And the same air reheated REHEATED to 52 Deg Supply will be at about 40% RH.

To get to what you room space will be like: You will need some means of developing the rate at which moisture will be added back to that 40% RH Air. I If there's a lot more moisture source than there are "dry" heat source, your reheat arrangement won't be very efffective; the room humidity will remain high.