Thread: buying back r22

buying back r22

did i read somewhere that hrp will buy back your old r22

Re: buying back r22

yes - Cash for Gas offers you a credit of at least £1.25/kg for reclaimable R22 ( minimum qty applies ). Contact HRP ( or BOC ) for details. See attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BOCman View Post
    yes - Cash for Gas offers you a credit of at least £1.25/kg for reclaimable R22 ( minimum qty applies ). Contact HRP ( or BOC ) for details. See attached.
    Don't bust the company giving all that money for the gas

I fear most contractors are holding on to the R22 until the price is right

Don't forget the reclaimed R22 can be used next year, the new R22 can not, would that not make the reclaimed more valuable

Kind Regards Andy
    If you can't fix it leave it that no one else will:rolleyes:

I'm keeping my R22 and selling to the black market in the next few years. Good investment for my retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    I'm keeping my R22 and selling to the black market in the next few years. Good investment for my retirement.
    The use of virgin R22 from 2010 is illegal, as is the sale or free issue of recycled R22.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNickName View Post
    I hope to win the lottery later this year I will buy it to fund your retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Don't bust the company giving all that money for the gas

I fear most contractors are holding on to the R22 until the price is right

Don't forget the reclaimed R22 can be used next year, the new R22 can not, would that not make the reclaimed more valuable

Kind Regards Andy
    It's important to distinguish between 'recycled' and 'reclaimed'. Chemically reclaimed R22 to virgin spec will be valuable next year, because demand will exceed available supply. Hence the need to encourage more reclaimable product to come back.

Recycled R22 only undergoes a basic cleaning process and may only be used by those undertaking the recovery (eg a contractor) or those that the recovery was performed for (eg the end user). Recycled R22 may not be ‘placed on the market’ which means supplying or making available to a third party either for payment or free of charge.

Andy - I'd welcome discussing pricing further with you offline - contact me.

The use of virgin R22 from 2010 is illegal, as is the sale or free issue of recycled R22.

Also selling drugs and robbing are illegal, but still ongoing businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Quality View Post
    I hope to win the lottery later this year I will buy it to fund your retirement
    Thanks. Speculation on the futures is another remunerative business.

It's important to distinguish between 'recycled' and 'reclaimed'. Chemically reclaimed R22 to virgin spec will be valuable next year, because demand will exceed available supply. Hence the need to encourage more reclaimable product to come back.

Recycled R22 only undergoes a basic cleaning process and may only be used by those undertaking the recovery (eg a contractor) or those that the recovery was performed for (eg the end user). Recycled R22 may not be ‘placed on the market’ which means supplying or making available to a third party either for payment or free of charge.

Andy - I'd welcome discussing pricing further with you offline - contact me.

Still touting for business Boc man.!!!!

For the near future using reclaim may be the only answer, there are so many alternatives on the market finding one that works first time with no loss of capacity or performance, replacing valves, seals, oil could be tricky. I heard R422D does the job, so why has the US now dropped it in favour of R438A. I have a good supplier of reclaim and while it may be expensive I can confidently get the system running with no loss of performance, no change in parts/oil and walk away knowing I'm not getting called back to further problems. I'm sure in 12 months time the alternatives will whittle down and it will be apparent what does work and what doesent

We have R22 coming out of our ears. Apart from a couple of large users (one currently has 200kg reclaimed already siting on his site..) we don't use that much these days.

In all honesty, the boss is concerned he won't be able to shift it in 6 months time if the market changes.He remembers some small contractors going to make a killing on R12 and R502 when they stockpiled it and they didn't know what to do with it all.

well the price of reclaimed r22 is 4to 6 times 2009 prices,but have been told this is negotiable depending on how much you want ,the suppliers thought it was a goldrush!