hi all,

installed a new samsung vivace AQV24VBCN today and had an E5-54 problem after 10 mins of turning unit on (not it hadnt provided any cooling for those 10mins), so we checked the cabling, pipework and can confirm the cabling and pipework is perfect (no kinks in pipes) and the pipework is only 2.5metres long (so system cant be under-charged with the manufacturers standard charge which is ok for up to 5 metres).

We looked up the E5-54 problem and saw it meant a total loss of refrigerant so we reclaimed the charge and it was bang on the 1450g of R410a which is supposed to be in it, we charged in 1450g of new R410a and tried again but still the E5-54 problem

We spoke to HRP tech support all afternoon (who in turn were speaking to Samsung Engineer) and after checking resistances on nearly everything it looks like there is a problem with the compressor or the valves which HRP have said must be a manufacturing fault and so will be sending us a new replacement outdoor unit early next week, (yes we checked the option codes and these were correct too)

so anyone else had this problem??

before anyone blames the installation - to confirm the unit was installed properly (pressure tested, vacuummed etc etc)

we have installed plenty of the Samsung Neo Forte units with no problems at all - I was thoroughly impressed with the support from Sam at HRP as he was eager to help and called me back when he said we would - i accept faulty parts do happen but would be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem out of the box?

needless to say our customer wasnt happy so im praying it is just a one off and that when we change over the outdoor unit the new one works straight away.