Do we need an Electrical Controls Forum?

Hey RE Members!

Just an idea to create a dedicated forum for controls and controllers... For all fellow electrical controls experts!

Main reason, is that I think the Electrical forum is quite a 'general' term for the electrical side of refrigertaion.

A forum that is more specific to the Electrical Controls side could tidy up the Electrical forum and make it easier to find information about differing ways to control:

compressors / condensers / fail-safes / alarm-chains / plant controllers / case controllers / coldrooms / front-end supervisors... etc... Anything Electrical Controls-related.

Just an idea though, please comment.

Re: Do we need an Electrical Controls Forum?

Hi deetooarruk
    This is a forum for Refrigeration and HVAC. I think it could be a good idea to have a controls section (not forum) under the Technical classification. If you find a dedicated controls forum on the web please post it so we can visit it when we need to. Controls is a big part of refrigeration, posts with wiring diagrams would be usefull when learning how and why things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    If you find a dedicated controls forum on the web please post it so we can visit it when we need to.
    I did a quick search, nothing.

pest110 Guest

hi every one i do think we need a forum for electrical controls cause i have a problem and is in a desperate need of help

Bloody marvelous Guys
    We do need a controls section and I hope the moderators take this into consideration when this site is updated next. Thanks very much.

Hi Guys,
    I worked as a service engineer for 10 years on Elm control systems,Tuscan 5's, supervisor 64 etc and have recently been involved in the commissioning of the Danfoss AK255 panels. If I can be of any help in control problems please let me know.
    regards
    Paul

Researcho Guest

Quote Originally Posted by deetooarruk View Post
    Hey RE Members!

Just an idea to create a dedicated forum for controls and controllers... For all fellow electrical controls experts!

Main reason, is that I think the Electrical forum is quite a 'general' term for the electrical side of refrigertaion.

A forum that is more specific to the Electrical Controls side could tidy up the Electrical forum and make it easier to find information about differing ways to control:

compressors / condensers / fail-safes / alarm-chains / plant controllers / case controllers / coldrooms / front-end supervisors... etc... Anything Electrical Controls-related.

Just an idea though, please comment.
    A seperate forum would probably make it a bit easier for more specific searches through as General forums can get lengthy sometimes.

i would like this , with so many around, to be able to look up the exact one you have, and be able to interrogate it , would be very handy.

Thumbs up Re: Do we need an Electrical Controls Forum?

Absolutely YES!!!

I would go one step further and add a thread where members can post their schematics, diagrams, vector graphics, and symbols libraries.
    Don't know about you but when it comes to complex controls I'm dead in the water without a schematic, and I enjoy creating one if there is none available.