G'day,

I am the skipper of a 120 year old Historical Vessel that keeps herself alive and sailing by delivering Medical teams and medical supplies to isolated Island communities. Many of these islands have not seen a nurse, much less a doctor for 20 years. We specialize in child immunization and general health as well as public health education. Why I am here is simple, well maybe for you lot, most of our medications require refrigeration. Some in fridges and others in freezers. When our old system started to die one of our sponsors was kind enough to send us a load of "just what you need" for a new installation. That is two freezers and a fridge. The second freezer is because everyone enjoys a cold one at the end of a long hot day, right? Also it is not really a good idea to do as we were doing and store medical supplies along side food.

Well as the story unwinds we have three Danfoss DB50F compressors with the 12 VDC / 220 VAc electronics packages and a mountain of other bits and bobs. We had the new units made up to drawings with built in Eutectic plates. That took forever, isolated places are not known for harboring rocket scientists, filled them with the suggested mix and called in the local freezer man to install the lot. Well wonders the chiller works! The freezers how ever never freeze the plates and just will not get below 4-5 degrees C. From 27 G till 10 C they go down at about 2.5 degrees per hour then from 10C until about 5C it's 1 degree per hour. After that the whole thing stalls.

The freezer man at first said we did not need the Danfoss TN2 valves and accumulators but insisted that a coil ( looking like a spring) of very small pipe was enough. HUmph! Well that doesn't work at all. Any one feel like being our "remote advisor? The guy is willing, but his experience is very limited... best I can say is he solders nicely and is very careful about insulation. I have a good technical background so if someone will explain what we should do I will guide this guy through it.

Best regards

Shane