Questions regarding condenser and evaporator temp.

someone please explain and correct me if I'm wrong:

1) I'm flowing water at a certain rate to the condenser and the water taking the heat flows out of the condenser chamber. What happens if I reduce the flow rate or increase it? at a high flow rate water takes small amount of heat from the condenser and at low rate it takes more heat. Is this correct?

2)If this method is applied in evaporator chamber what changes occur in evaporator temp. due to change in flow rate of water? Does increasing flow rate decreases load in the evaporator? or Increasing flow rate increase load inside the evaporator chamber?

**Water will leave both chambers at free flow.

Plz explain.

Re: Questions regarding condenser and evaporator temp.

Are you asking about a water heating system heat pump or a refrigerator?

Quote Originally Posted by ruzfactor View Post
    someone please explain and correct me if I'm wrong:

1) I'm flowing water at a certain rate to the condenser and the water taking the heat flows out of the condenser chamber. What happens if I reduce the flow rate or increase it? at a high flow rate water takes small amount of heat from the condenser and at low rate it takes more heat. Is this correct?

2)If this method is applied in evaporator chamber what changes occur in evaporator temp. due to change in flow rate of water? Does increasing flow rate decreases load in the evaporator? or Increasing flow rate increase load inside the evaporator chamber?

**Water will leave both chambers at free flow.

Plz explain.
    I think you are confusing temperature with heat. Heat is a measure of both temperature and volume. If you light a candle it burns at a certain temperature and puts off a certain amount of heat. If you light two candles, they burn at the same temperature as the single candle, but they put off twice the heat.

If you reduce the water flowing through a condenser, the temperature of the water increases a little, but there is a lot less water being heated. The net result is that less heat is transferred, not more. That's why the refrigerant pressure/temperature rises.
    Last edited by Gary; 06-09-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frikkie View Post
    Are you asking about a water heating system heat pump or a refrigerator?

Refrigerator