Carl Owen Guest

Jobs For Apprentice/Mate

Hi all, I have recently paid for myself to complete the City & Guilds NVQ level 2 in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, and also the Safe Handling of Refrigerants certificate. I have also done a free work placement for a few weeks through my local job centre to try to gain any experience that might help me gain a career in the field. As of yet I have been unable to gain a job from my efforts due to my obvious lack of experience, and the fact that there doesn't seem to be that many jobs out there for someone of my skill level. I am just wondering if anyone on this forum/website might know of any job opportunities, or would at least be able to point me in the right direction as to the best way of going about gaining a career in the field, as I have applied to alot of jobs and due to the lack of experience, most have not replied. I have a full clean driving license, and am willing to travel where-ever I need to in order to gain a career in the field. Hope to hear from someone soon, and thanks to anyone in advance for any help you are able to give.

Re: Jobs For Apprentice/Mate

im in the same position as you Carl and have been for months frustrating and felt like giving up but hey il try again in the morning

Hi Carl and Nedeem, firstly fridgies around the world a a strange breed of animals (in my opinion) we like attitude, I would go door knocking, (not just sending out bits of paper) Offer your services free for a couple of weeks, if you are any good then you maybe suprised!?
    If remember in the UK work at this time of year generally slackens off, so likely not the best of timing

Hey everyone im brand new to this site am newly qualified in the industry iv got following qualifications but still and have been working in industry for2 months and have really enjoyed it but have recently been laid of due to lack of work any advice?

Semta Technical certificate
    City & Guilds 2079 in f gas and ods regs catergory 1
    City & Guilds 2382-10 17th Edition IEE wiring regs
    CITB Pipework and brazing- Commercial/ BES Card holder
    CITB Essential electrics/ BES Card holder
    Techtrain basic refrigeration & Air conditioning certificate

Try contacting Teryy at Coolspace AC & Refrigeration Ltd 01622 717384 I think they are looking for qualified improvers.
    Duc, sequere, aut de via decede - Lead, follow, or get out of the way !

Hi

Istarted the NVQ course just the other day.

I was not in the industry but got hold of the yellow pages, book and on-line and just called every single company that was in there.
    Eventually i got someone who offered to let me work for them just for the experience. So i am now doing my full time job the college course and helping this guy out when i get free time. Which aint often but its a way to get in for me and provide proof of work for my course.

So just keep trying and sooner or later you will get lucky.