Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: What is System balance?

Quote Originally Posted by shogun7
    The compressor capacity varies with the evaporating and condensing temperatures and the factors involved in the variation in evaporator capacity are quite complex when both sensible heat transfer and condensation are involved. For component balancing purposes, the capacity of an evaporator where both latent and sensible heat transfer are involved (a wet coil) may be calculated as being proportional to the total heat content of the entering air, and this in turn is proportional to the wet bulb temperature. So because of the many variables involved, the calculation of system balance points is extremely complicated
    Hi there,
    It is complicated.
    My brother and I did our M.Sc. thesis on System balancing at University College London both for reciprocating and screw systems and I know it is complicated. We also developed two computer programmes ( which we sell it now ) .
    System balancing is the behaviour of 3 selected components as a whole unit. Three components because TEV does not come into the balancing equations because balancing means energy balance and as you know in TEV (h3=h4).
    For a required design conditions you select proper equipment from their manufacturer. In this selection, you choose a component with the nearest capacity. After connecting the components they will work somehow differently as designed. System balancing will show you how the whole system will work before you buy the equipment.
    It is very helpful also for part load estimation. Our recip. programme also does the capacity control with sylinder unloading which is also very helpful in practice.
    Cheers

Even Einstein Asked Questions

Re: What is System balance?

Link seems not working
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc O'Brien
    Just copy and paste any part of Shogun's post into google and you find the right link.
    The fact of the matter was that I do a lot of reading in various sources because I am a professor at a community college in HVACR and when I found interesting material I would copy and paste sometimes, maybe copy something out of a book or wherever. The point is it seemed to me was to stimulate discussion. Now I don't know whats wrong with copy and paste any thing I may read of extract from a public forum like the internet as long as I don't claim it's my original work. If anyone has a problem with that it isn't my concern. I only care about getting as much out there thats useful as possible. I have been low key because I lost interest in this web site when all I was doing was arguing and loosing the main purpose of what I was trying to contribute so now I mostly read and observe until I will probably get kicked off again

Quote Originally Posted by wambat
    ...was arguing and loosing the main purpose of what I was trying to contribute...
    Bravo... I could not have said it better.

system balance is simple if you just take one condition at a time, and this is what a tec will do is take on conition at a time and one componant at a time and work it out.

wesmax
    Wes Maxfield

Some never doubt in the capacities and abilities of some for me very valuable posters

Other posts copies of superheat tables but that doesn't botter me, not at all, as long as it is informative for this forum.

Not everybody has the time and the money to sit the whole day....and night... behind the computer.
    Some have to work and also a family life with wife and kids and besides that a social life. So there's sometimes no that much spare time for this forum.
    BTW, where's Chemi?
    Last edited by Peter_1; 19-01-2006 at 06:37 AM.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Chemi told me at Christmas that he was back at college studying after work so he doesn't get much time at the moment to visit the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12