Hi, I am new to this sight. I am looking forward to chating with some of you about my question.
The question is about having a solid liquid to the TXV.
I have two 500 ton systems that cool a ware house to about 60 degrees. They use R22. Each system has two recip compressors that stage in thirds. The system is still under warentee, so the contractor has controle of it still. We are located in Phoenix AZ. The contractor believes only enough refrigerant is needed to keep the liquid collumn solid at a steady state of running after a few minutes. The compressors cycle 15 minutes on and then 15 minutes off. The receiver fills from the bottom and this is were the liquid seal is maintained to the liquid line. When the on cycle starts, the liquid will empty out of the receiver and then the Liquid line will empty out of course, for one to two minutes before the receiver has enough refrigerant to make its seal and suply enough liquid to the TXVs. There are 30 evaps on each system, with soleniods on each. The contractor believes the system is more efficient running this way because there is less refrigerant to cool, but I believe it needs more refrigerant to keep the TXVs loaded so that the compressors are not just spinning waiting for the system to come into its steady state condition.
The company is a major player in the Phoenix valley here for many years, so I am sure they know what they are doing; but I asked for documantation of there theary, and was told no. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks.