Blass chiller and compressor rack

Hi.. I am newby and new in HVAC. Cananyone tech me what is a blast chiller and compressor rack!?

Been hearing this.. but still could not put them into pieces what they actually do

Re: Blass chiller and compressor rack

1) blast chiller : Chilling of products by a low temp blast of air .usually for quiuck freezing of marine products , freshly manufactured icecream etc.

2) rack : Multiple compressors installed on a common platform , base . Advantages of rck ; you can cover vast capacity ranges by few compressors , optimal control & capabilty for high energy efficiency , back up capacity available in the event of one comp failure , easy start up characteristics .

Does this means that a compressor rack system can be a blast chiller application right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
    Does this means that a compressor rack system can be a blast chiller application right?
    Not usually!

Mostly used in supermarket display cases applications.

Blast chiller usually need full capacity all the time.

thanks all... i hv a clearer picture now!

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.KORANNE View Post
    1) blast chiller : Chilling of products by a low temp blast of air .usually for quiuck freezing of marine products , freshly manufactured icecream etc.

2) rack : Multiple compressors installed on a common platform , base . Advantages of rck ; you can cover vast capacity ranges by few compressors , optimal control & capabilty for high energy efficiency , back up capacity available in the event of one comp failure , easy start up characteristics .
    And to add to this very correct description, a blast chiller can have a rack/pack as its 'compressor system'
    A blast chiller is the cold room where the products are stored and the rack or the compressor is the compressor system connected to it.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Thanks everyone for explaining to me.. guess i still have alot to learn ahead of me!