ARROWSF1 Guest

Local suppliers for R134a and Recovery Cylinders

Hi to all
    Im just about to start my mobile car air con service, does anyone know a good supplier locally for R134a Refrigerant, I live in the Scottish Borders so anywhere near Edinburgh area and Cumbria/ Northumberland would be ideal.I have my City & Guilds.
    Thanks in advance
    Deryck

Re: Local suppliers for R134a and Recovery Cylinders

Climate Centre in Edinburgh (Sighthill)
    HotFrost in Edinburgh (Duddingston/Niddrie)
    Brymec west of Edinburgh (Broxburn)

Otherwise Climate Centre in Newcastle or HRP, Dean and Wood etc in Glasgow.

Or BOC, their agents sometimes stock gases, I'm sure they could get it in for you and maybe keep a small stock. I'm sure there is a BOC agent in Kelso or one of the other border towns.

Quote Originally Posted by ARROWSF1 View Post
    Hi to all
    Im just about to start my mobile car air con service, does anyone know a good supplier locally for R134a Refrigerant, I live in the Scottish Borders so anywhere near Edinburgh area and Cumbria/ Northumberland would be ideal.I have my City & Guilds.
    Thanks in advance
    Deryck

You have C&G but are you REFCOM reg? If not you may start to struggle to buy gas soon.

You useing fridge kit or a All-in-one unit?

ARROWSF1 Guest

Hi thankd for the advice, how do i get Refcom Reg ? I have a complete unit for recovery, vacum charge etc

Hi thankd for the advice, how do i get Refcom Reg ? I have a complete unit for recovery, vacum charge etc
    Does the unit have the abillity to do a test with OFN? I know a lot of these units rely upon vaccume for leak testing, the problem with this is often the vaccume will pull a pipe split in the ally pipe closed giving the impression of a sealed system.

The other thing is do you have a really good understnding of Auto electronics? And i mean Really good. 90% of brakedowns and problems you will find will not be a refrigeration problem, they will be auto electrical - Many systems now ECU controled so at some point you will end up having to buy 1000quid of ECU reader!

Still, good luck, this is exactly how i got into the industry!!

For refcom see http://www.refcom.org.uk/

Have you already brought the unit?if so which oneis it? Also well worth getting the Autodata books.

HTH

Greg

There is more than one registration body, Refcom is one, Quidos (www.fgasregister.com) is another. But do you have to be registered with them to work on mobile systems?

I'd check with F Gas support, or look on this web page for more info. http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/...bileaircon.htm

ARROWSF1 Guest

Many thanks for the replies guys , i really apreciate it, im looking to get an OFN pressure testing leak system but my budget is tight having just bought my van and system, where would you recommend to purchase one from i have seen them in the NAAS BROCHURE.