Thread: Sanyo equipment

Sanyo equipment

I have the oportunity to install a number of small (12.5Kw) ducted inverter units. My head says Daikin for quality and reliabillity, my pocket says Sanyo which is about £450 less per system, but I have never used Sanyo before. Has anyone had the chance to compair the two makes? what were your conclusions or projections for future reliabillity?

Karl

Re: Sanyo equipment

Hi Karl.

I only have one Sanyo small split above my computer.

Made in Italy by Sanyo-Ergo.
    Beautiful little machine, never had any problems with it.
    But ofcourse is not inverter, I have seen big splits in England in the past and I was told they are fine.

The inverter technology was first introduced by Hitachi and my humble opinion is that the diferance is only in the electronic controls and there' Daikin rules.
    Good instelation and setup of all the parameters in the controls is a key for succes but I dont think you will have any problems there.

Chemi

Thanks Chemi,

I think that this time I shall go for the Daikins, as the Sanyos are a brand new unit here and so unproven but I think that I shall try a Sanyo at home for evaluation (Honest )
    Karl

Hi, i installed an sanyo "eco multi" set free vrv system about 2 years ago, while doing some sub-contract labour.
    The thing has never given any problems at all as far as i know (i do keep in touch with the company i was working for)
    Very easy to install, even easier to set up and runs like a dream.
    The MD of the company swears by them.

cheers

eggs

Our company installs around 25-40 Sanyo systems every year. They don't offer us a VRV system as does Mitsubitshi.

We don't have access to the Dakin brand that was mentioned. I like Sanyo because we install them in a lot of computer room applications. In our area this means that they need to be able to run in low ambient conditions. Sanyo makes a low ambient system for any range. This is not just a kit that can be added in the field but rather it is factory installed.

Goodman and Futshisu (sp) have some cheaper ductless splits but they don't have a full capacity range. So we stick with the one brand-Sanyo.
    Essayons

We in Tanzania (east Africa) install Sanyo split units and they give good service infact I have installed not less then about 40 units domestic and they are much more in demand then Diakin as they simple to install and work well even with electrical fluctuation it does not fail . Jayesh

Thanks guys, I'm quite encouraged by the positive reports on Sanyo kit. What really interests me about the SPW range is that they apear to be almost Mitsubishi quality at LG sort of prices. Many is the time when I have a large heat load and single phase power and the customer just wont pay for two units, so one of these little inverters can prove to be a very usefull tool.

I did spec Daikin for my job in the end since the customers current system is Daikin and is delighted with it.

Thanks for all of your replies
    Karl