Richard B Guest

Daewoo fridge freezer not cold enough

Hi,
    I have a Daewoo FRSU20DAI side by side fridge freezer. The fridge section apppears cool enough but the freezer section is not. The compressor, condensor fan, freezer fan & fridge fan are all running correctly. I know there is a fault diagnosis mode but don't know how to operate this or what any fault codes would mean. Any ideas greatfully received.

Re: Daewoo fridge freezer not cold enough

Did you get anywhere with this Richard? I've a FRS2031 (the predecesor) with exactly the same fault that is stumping the engineers. Any pointers would be helpful.

bewlers Guest

Question Re: Daewoo fridge freezer not cold enough

Have either of you got to the bottom of this I have exactly the same problem with my Daewoo FRS-U20DAI?

Compressor, evap, air temp sensors, door sensors and both fans tested and appear to be working fine, but freezer section struggles to get down to a working temperature (fridge OK). It will eventually (24 hrs) but quickly warms up if the door is opened for even a few seconds. Ice also fails to form in the ice cube tray - one thing I've noticed is that the water inlet pipe for the ice cube tray is permanently warm (heating jacket designed to stop water freezing in it) - is this a fault and would it be enough to stop the freezer getting down to temp? I'm scratching my head and have exhausted the service manual that I downloaded!

Any help from a professional would be greatly appreciated.

bewlers Guest

Question Re: Daewoo fridge freezer not cold enough

Sorry - should have said that no fault codes are generated in diagnostic mode. Thanks in anticipation!

I had the same problem with mine. It turned out to be a weak compressor. Freezer was only reaching about -15.

bewlers Guest

Smile FIXED: Daewoo fridge freezer not cold enough

I've sorted it! I downloaded the service manual from a US site (model names different, FRS-U20DAI is FRU-547D/E):

www dot daewoo dot cl/sta-info/manual...BCI_U21GAI.pdf (sorry not allowed to post linked URLs until I've made 15 posts - hence the 'dots')

and followed the freezer fault finding guide. After much testing, it became evident that the fan, although spinning, was not operating at full speed. I ordered a new one (£40 inc P&P) and fitted it (very easy job - all you need is a screwdriver). The difference was evident immediately and all was fine within 30 mins. Been working a week now with absolutely no problem and we have ice and our freezer back!

Daewoo were no help at all - all they could recommend was an engineer callout at £200 and pre-ordering a new motherboard at £100 based on what I had told them - thank goodness I didn't rely on the 'technical' expertise of the muppets on the helpline!!

Hi Richard B, this brand of side/side has problems with the fan motor. The motor will run then opencircuit. Try checking the voltage inside the freezer where the fan connects, should be 13v DC with door switch closed... mike