High or low mounting for units. Which is best.

Hi there,

I have been getting quotes for airco and have now had a good selection from which I can try to choose from.
    One of the quotes has thrown up an interesting question.

The space is a little unusual but I will try my best to describe it . The total space is around 1100³m with a ceiling height of 5m. About half of the area is split into 2 levels and the remainder is double height. The space is used as a food shop. The main shop space is in the double height area and storage is in the split level areas(Like a Mezineen floor). It is mainly open plan with only one area partitioned off which will not need direct airco.
    A main source of heat is the 10-12 fridges and freezers on the main shop floor. The rest is sun on the windows.

Most quotes have the units mounted on or close to the ceiling at about 5meters high.

One has suggested that th
    e units be lower down to cool the shop floor area and not the higher stock areas. The fridges and freezers will not have to work so hard so less heat will be generated and rise so upper stock areas will naturally remain cooler and not need direct airco. With the added benefit that the units will not have to work so hard saving money and reducing ware.
    I am not convinced it will keep it cool enough for storage of chocolates and other perishables. A couple of weeks ago it was up to 31c there. If this idea is only going to keep it 2-3c cooler I don't think that's enough. Will it work better than that? I get the theory but I am not an expert. You are. Do you think his reasoning works.

Re: High or low mounting for units. Which is best.

Heat rises, cold air drops so if you have the air con at low level the air above will not be cooled down. Simple
    Transvestites are men who like to eat, drink, and be Mary.